PDA

View Full Version : Diversify.

Johnmadd
02-26-2011, 08:14 PM
We should have model specific sections if we are inviting all of the BMW community, e21,e30,e36,e46,...etc. They will come if we build it.

danewilson77
02-26-2011, 08:15 PM
Mmmmm.....Thanks for the suggestion.

Johnmadd
02-26-2011, 08:26 PM
"""Dhuu eeeeettt""""

Washburn
02-26-2011, 09:56 PM
We should have model specific sections if we are inviting all of the BMW community, e21,e30,e36,e46,...etc. They will come if we build it.

Eh, no.
I am not crazy about this idea - there are numerous BMW boards that cater to all other BMW models on the web. Why does a model-specific site like this need to cater to all models? Bimmerfest and many other BMW forums do this job really well, IMO.

Adding a bunch of sub forums as suggested will create unwarranted clutter, and will jeopardize the organization and the neatness the forum has now - and most of all, the forum needs to remain a ZHP oriented forum - if I wanted a forum like the one OP suggested, I could have remained in the ZHP sub forum on bimmerfest or E46fanatics. This is a place/home for ZHPs and I would want it to remain as such!

The idea, IMO, behind having a forum like ZHP Mafia is to give some exclusivity to this specific model. AFAIK, the idea behind this board is not to have the biggest # of members etc, but to have the ZHP as a center attraction despite the limited-ness of members, just what the model intended to do. Catering to ALL models of BMWs will certainly defeat the purpose of having a board/community which is intended to highlight the exclusivity of the ZHP.

Marcus-SanDiego
02-26-2011, 10:06 PM
ZHPMafia.com is not diversifying. It will remain exactly what it currently is: a model/option-specific site.

One does not need to own a ZHP to be a member of this site; however, ZHPMafia.com will not become a general forum that caters to every BMW series.

I always appreciate comments and suggestions.

Always feel free to keep them coming.

C Withers Media
02-26-2011, 10:24 PM
Can we at least have a section called ZSP-The ugly little sister.

ZSP-Mafia
02-26-2011, 10:29 PM

:)

Marcus-SanDiego
02-26-2011, 10:39 PM

Haha. The beauty of this site is that we don't exclude on the basis of what option package you have. None of us consider the ZSP an ugly step sister. Therefore, there is no need for a separate section. :biggrin

M0nk3y
02-26-2011, 11:50 PM
Can we have an E86 section...lol

Just like E90 post, Z Post...etc. There are a ton of forums that are model specific. This one meets the same criteria.

IMO this forum gets plenty of activity...no?

az3579
02-27-2011, 07:07 AM
Eh, no.
I am not crazy about this idea - there are numerous BMW boards that cater to all other BMW models on the web. Why does a model-specific site like this need to cater to all models? Bimmerfest and many other BMW forums do this job really well, IMO.

Adding a bunch of sub forums as suggested will create unwarranted clutter, and will jeopardize the organization and the neatness the forum has now - and most of all, the forum needs to remain a ZHP oriented forum - if I wanted a forum like the one OP suggested, I could have remained in the ZHP sub forum on bimmerfest or E46fanatics. This is a place/home for ZHPs and I would want it to remain as such!

The idea, IMO, behind having a forum like ZHP Mafia is to give some exclusivity to this specific model. AFAIK, the idea behind this board is not to have the biggest # of members etc, but to have the ZHP as a center attraction despite the limited-ness of members, just what the model intended to do. Catering to ALL models of BMWs will certainly defeat the purpose of having a board/community which is intended to highlight the exclusivity of the ZHP.

I agree 110%. This should remain a ZHP enthusiast site ONLY. There are countless other sites that one can visit for other-model related stuff.

Can we have an E86 section...lol

Just like E90 post, Z Post...etc. There are a ton of forums that are model specific. This one meets the same criteria.

IMO this forum gets plenty of activity...no?

Do not want. The other sites have become less and less model specific because of the addition of all of those subforums. This is THE site to go to if you are a ZHP enthusiast; the last thing you would want is to have to sift through a ton of other crap before you actually get to the ZHP information you were originally looking for in the first place. :shifty

Johnmadd
02-27-2011, 09:57 AM
ZHPMafia.com is not diversifying. It will remain exactly what it currently is: a model/option-specific site.

One does not need to own a ZHP to be a member of this site; however, ZHPMafia.com will not become a general forum that caters to every BMW series.

I always appreciate comments and suggestions.

Always feel free to keep them coming.

Agreed and understood.

Marcus-SanDiego
02-27-2011, 09:59 AM
But, John, do feel free to always make suggestions. I appreciate all of the ideas that flow from you guys.

Johnmadd
02-27-2011, 10:50 AM
Thanks Marcus, I started feeling some heat here.

Marcus-SanDiego
02-27-2011, 10:51 AM
Haha. No worries. Members just feel passionate about keeping ZHPMafia.com ZHP-centric.

Johnmadd
02-27-2011, 11:10 AM
:mob
I will conform.
:grouphug

az3579
02-27-2011, 07:23 PM
:mob
I will conform.
:grouphug

I can only respond with:

:helicopter:guns2:guns:gun1:dueling:mafia

and of course, let's not forget:

:biggrin

Johnmadd
02-27-2011, 07:33 PM
ZHP MAFIA TIL I DIE. Good now?

Marcus-SanDiego
02-27-2011, 08:47 PM
All good, John. Never stray!

johnnye23
03-04-2011, 06:33 PM
I like this forum in its current ZHP oriented state. Please keep it simple guys !

billschusteriv
03-06-2011, 10:36 PM
I think the mafia family has done a great job of making sure those of us without a ZHP feel welcome and able to discuss what we want freely.... another sign of a great group of people...

Marcus-SanDiego
03-06-2011, 10:47 PM
Bill, absolutely. Wouldn't have it any other way.

danewilson77
03-07-2011, 05:00 AM
I think the mafia family has done a great job of making sure those of us without a ZHP feel welcome and able to discuss what we want freely.... another sign of a great group of people...

+1. I would go back to my old 325 TiAg ZSP (Auto), in a heartbeat. I think all BMW's are win. I guess I am faithful to the Make now.