PDA

View Full Version : Great customer support from TMS, Modbargains blows it again

Sockethead
09-24-2014, 12:59 PM
The good:
Right before Bimmerfest East I noticed that one of my CF shells was starting to bubble up on the top. I talked to Jason Gannett at the TMS booth during Bimmerfest. He said no problem email me when you get back... I sent him an email with the invoice number and a picture of the defect. Now mind you that it was almost impossible to capture the defect with a camera. Still they said no problem and even shipped me a new set in advance (with a CC number) so my car wouldn't be down while shipping the old set back and waiting for a new set. I did the swap and received the credit back on my CC.
Now the best part of this is that Kpro bought these for me last December so it had been 8 months since I purchased them. Thanks Turner Motor Sports for great, no hassle customer service!

The bad/ugly:
As many of you know, Kpro went through hell with Modbargains regarding a set of custom wheels for her 135. Modbargains finally made an acceptable agreement with her on another set of wheels.
Well, I decided to give them another chance and bought a set of replacement lens for my headlights during their Black Friday sale. I was going to use them when I sent the headlights out for FX-R conversion in the spring.

When the headlights were out for conversion, they called me and said that one of the lens was defective and they couldn't use it. They said that it looked like a manufacturing defect and sent them back. I verified that indeed they were defective. The plastic had never fully filled the mold and there was a section missing at one of the tabs.
I contacted modbargains and sent them pictures clearly showing the defect. They basically told me that yea it's a manufacturing defect and that even though they were never used I waited too long to contact them.... come on, really? I can see if it was a crack or a scratch how that could be questionable but this was clearly a defect during the manufacturing process. I think that's really shitty customer service. Now I have a useless pair of lens taking up space in my garage.

There you have it two clearly different results of defective products that were several months old

Modbargains, I will never, ever buy another product from you even if it's cheaper or not available anywhere else. You lost two customers for life!

Turner Motor Sports, we will buy your products even if they are a little more $ than other online sites. You gained two customers for life!

Before passing judgment on ModBargains (or any other vendor review) as to whether or not to purchase your wares from them, please read the thread in it's entirety, then make your decision. Thank you

slater
09-24-2014, 01:56 PM
good customer service is worth paying extra for, yeah. sucks about your hassles!

peter

Smilez
09-24-2014, 02:28 PM
Yeah I never really like modbargains since he was just drop shipping.

danewilson77
09-24-2014, 05:44 PM
Thanks for solidifying what we already knew Rob.

The friendliest forum on the planet!

cakM3
09-25-2014, 04:24 AM
Guess Modbargains lost yet another customer.....Sorry to hear you and Kpro had to go thru this Rob! I'm not going to give them an opportunity to stick me because of their screwups.....

WOLFN8TR
09-25-2014, 05:53 AM
That really is Shitty. Beings I bought my VMR'S from them this isn't very refreshing to here. This was before Ray was selling them otherwise I would of bought them from him.

Avetiso
09-25-2014, 08:58 AM
ModBargains sucks.

danewilson77
09-25-2014, 09:47 AM
That really is Shitty. Beings I bought my VMR'S from them this isn't very refreshing to here. This was before Ray was selling them otherwise I would of bought them from him.
I bought my KW V1's from them. Won't happen again.

johnrando
09-25-2014, 10:24 AM
They nailed me on a return as well. The order didn't fit my car, and for the return, it was a 10% restocking fee with a store credit, not an actual return of funds. Cross them off my list.

Smilez
09-25-2014, 10:37 AM
with store credit? damn thats wrong haha. I should use that line :shifty

danewilson77
09-25-2014, 04:50 PM
with store credit? damn thats wrong haha. I should use that line :shifty
No.

Smilez
09-26-2014, 06:05 AM
:rofl -^
If I remember correctly, MB was a Mod for a forum and would delete all the negative from any reviews. Dane can I have the same privilege haha.

az3579
09-26-2014, 06:08 AM
If I remember correctly, MB was a Mod for a forum and would delete all the negative from any reviews. Dane can I have the same privilege haha.

You haven't given anyone a reason to write a negative review. I don't think you need that privilege. :thumbsup

Smilez
09-26-2014, 06:19 AM
Yeah, I try my best to treat all my customers with the most up most respect. After all, I've been on the other side of the fense :P

danewilson77
09-26-2014, 07:17 AM

I remember this. I believe it was over at BF.c and I think the owner, ownerd BavToys as well. Anyways....they would delete negative reviews for both MB and BavToys if I remember correctly.

Ray, no.

Sockethead
09-26-2014, 11:15 AM
That's just wrong

danewilson77
09-26-2014, 05:11 PM
So prying eyes understand, I will not be deleting negative reviews from my site. It would completely defeat the purpose of this subforum. I'm not really interested in making this Yelp, but I want my members taken care of. If they are taken care, through a positive customer service experience after the initial nagative thread has been started, I may consider it, but I'll just go ahead and reserve that right.

Additionally, please contact the vendor of your ware first, prior to blasting anyone. Give them a chance to make it right. Perform your due diligence. This is not implying whatsoever that the customer's in this case didn't perform their due diligence.

DW, out.

330i ZHP
09-26-2014, 07:52 PM
I don't think in the past 9 years of owning an E46 that I have ever ordered anything from MB (but I have heard ups and downs on their products and services). The worst is Umnitza and UUC (Underground Upgrade Club)

TMS has been great except the one time I found out they were supplying a UUC sourced part (that failed of course)

JupiterBMW
09-26-2014, 08:00 PM
Also bought many times from TMS. Those guys are awesome. They even shipped some stuff to my ship in Alaska... :biggrin

danewilson77
09-29-2014, 04:53 PM
Rob,

Any word from ModBargains? Or are they still refusing to make it right?

danewilson77
09-30-2014, 07:01 AM
I am currently working with Mike Brown at ModBargains to dissolve this situation and make things right for Rob and Kristen. We'll see what happens.

Till then, keep wrenching and be safe.

Sockethead
09-30-2014, 08:59 AM
I also received an email from Mike Brown, Co-owner of Modbargains. He was apologetic for what has happened and is willing to work with us for a resolution. I need time between working and taking care of the twins to digest and respond to his email... Stay tuned....

slater
09-30-2014, 09:25 AM
great update, rob! and thanks dane for moderating (both with MB and the forum :) ).

lots of love here!

peter

az3579
09-30-2014, 05:32 PM
I am currently working with Mike Brown at ModBargains to dissolve this situation and make things right for Rob and Kristen. We'll see what happens.

Till then, keep wrenching and be safe.

That is unbelievable family service. :thumbsup

danewilson77
10-05-2014, 09:12 AM
Bump.

Looking forward to this being resolved soon.

No flame suit required!

Sockethead
10-06-2014, 06:35 AM
I finally found the time to shoot off a reply to Mike Brown. I'll keep you all updated as it progresses

cakM3
10-06-2014, 06:56 AM
Good luck Rob! I know you and Kpro have gone thru a lot of crap over those wheels....hope things work out to your satisfaction :thumbsup

@ Dane....BZ my friend for being a part of the solution! :thumbsup

danewilson77
10-06-2014, 07:54 AM
Mike emailed me this A.M. and said the same. The only question that remains is: Does one typically need to reach the co-owner level at ModBargains to satisfy adequate/ample/satisfactory customer service?

Sockethead
10-06-2014, 10:34 AM
Mike emailed me this A.M. and said the same. The only question that remains is: Does one typically need to reach the co-owner level at ModBargains to satisfy adequate/ample/satisfactory customer service?

My question to him as well...

danewilson77
10-07-2014, 08:44 AM
Rob,

Is this now resolved? How many days are we going on now after initial contact with MB describing the discrepancy?

The friendliest forum on the planet.

Sockethead
10-07-2014, 08:49 AM
The delay was my fault as I didn't get a chance to email him until two days ago. I've been extremely busy with the twins, etc. and didn't have the time to search through a years worth of emails
We are very close to a solution but I didn't want to post until it's complete. Mike has been very willing to get this behind us.

danewilson77
10-07-2014, 10:18 AM
Right. Hard to believe it's not fully resolved at this point though, with the co-owner involved. Oh well...

No flame suit required!

Sockethead
10-09-2014, 06:43 AM
Update:
I sent Mike all of my correspondence and he has approved a refund for the defective lens. I got a call from Lori yesterday verifying my address for a refund check.
This is what I had asked for in the first place.
I'm glad they stepped up to the plate and did the right thing.

I still have the defective lens which I offered to send back so they can get their money back from their vendor. I'm not out to screw over Modbargains, I just want be treated fairly. When that happens, I do the same.

This issue is resolved

johnrando
10-09-2014, 06:46 AM
Finally. Great news Rob. Just too bad it took so long and so much involvement.

cakM3
10-09-2014, 07:03 AM
Good to hear Rob! This is something I think Modbargains should have done to begin with w/o having to get one of the co-owner's involved.

Sockethead
10-09-2014, 07:36 AM
Good to hear Rob! This is something I think Modbargains should have done to begin with w/o having to get one of the co-owner's involved.

True, I hope they take this as a learning experience...

danewilson77
10-09-2014, 08:20 AM
Yeah. We'll leave the thread up to let others know about the customer service.

Rob,

Can you post a pic here, of the defective lens?

Sockethead
10-09-2014, 09:02 AM
I have those pics at home. I'll post tonight.

danewilson77
10-09-2014, 09:11 AM
Thanks.

No flame suit required!

Sockethead
10-09-2014, 06:31 PM
Ok here's the defect:

http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp325/r_powell123/image_zps85658f65.jpeg

A side by side comparison:

http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp325/r_powell123/image2_zps1759de6b.jpeg

A close up of the same area on the good lens:

http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp325/r_powell123/image1_zpse358fde1.jpeg

mbeckel
10-09-2014, 06:33 PM
Sucks about the defect. Glad they're making it right

danewilson77
10-15-2014, 08:05 AM
Update:
I sent Mike all of my correspondence and he has approved a refund for the defective lens. I got a call from Lori yesterday verifying my address for a refund check.
This is what I had asked for in the first place.
I'm glad they stepped up to the plate and did the right thing.

I still have the defective lens which I offered to send back so they can get their money back from their vendor. I'm not out to screw over Modbargains, I just want be treated fairly. When that happens, I do the same.

This issue is resolved

Finally. Great news Rob. Just too bad it took so long and so much involvement.

As Rob noted, this issue has been resolved.

johnrando
10-16-2014, 12:36 PM
Good news.