PDA

View Full Version : FS: Apple MacBook Pro 15" Retina (Mid 2012)

az3579
10-16-2014, 03:39 PM
Need to sell my MacBook Pro, unfortunately. I had to downsize due to getting laid off last month and need the cash.

Specs:
MacBook Pro 15" Retina display (2880x1800 resolution)
Intel Core i7 Quad-Core 2.3GHz
16GB RAM
256GB SSD
Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9

Included:
AC Adapter
Lightning to VGA adapter
Lightning to Gigabit Ethernet adapter
Apple Bluetooth keyboard
Apple Bluetooth Magic Mouse

The laptop currently is covered entirely in a carbon fiber "wrap", so the condition of the laptop is pretty much mint. There is one tiny tiny nick that isn't really noticeable unless you're looking for it; otherwise the skin protected the aluminum very well.

Asking $1350 with the additional Lightning accessories and keyboard/mouse. Note: the standard Retina 2.3GHz MBP 15" only had 8GB standard, so this was upgraded at the factory. The RAM cannot be upgraded, so I upgraded it "while I still could".

SOLD.

cakM3
10-16-2014, 03:48 PM
GLWS BP :thumbsup

Johnmadd
10-16-2014, 04:10 PM
I didn't know your situation, Glws man.

Fyi for potential buyer, this guy is 100 percent honest.

derbo
10-16-2014, 04:19 PM
I will ask my cousin and brother. Good price BP. I hope I can help you out :)

cakM3
10-16-2014, 04:30 PM
Fyi for potential buyer, this guy is 100 percent honest.

+1 :thumbsup

az3579
10-17-2014, 02:22 AM
I appreciate it, guys.
I plan on setting aside $20 from the proceeds for two memberships on the site, BTW. I need to do my due part as well...

johnrando
10-17-2014, 08:53 AM
GLWS BP. Sorry to hear about the layoff.

JupiterBMW
10-17-2014, 02:05 PM
Damn BP, the situation sucks. I'm not sure it'd be of interest to you, but I'm interested as an upgrade for my wife. She currently has a 2009 13" MBPro. I know it isn't of much value, but if you need some sort of computer, it'd be a decent swap.

I also have my 2011 MB Air as well. That is my laptop, but I'd be will to work something out with you with that if its of more interest.

Lemme know your thoughts.

az3579
10-18-2014, 05:06 AM
Thanks for the concern Jon, but I did get a job the week after. Unfortunately it was a desperation move; I didn't want to go on unemployment and this paid more. Big pay cut and now have to drive over 70+ miles a day, which will easily push my 32k/yr driving to well over 40, maybe even 45. I estimate I'll be driving about 45k a year now. :facepalm

I also do have a laptop to use. I bought one for about $400 that'll "get the job done" for now, at least until I can recover.

I appreciate the offer, Jon. :)

alexandre
10-18-2014, 08:34 AM
Congrats on the new job, better to be in there than nothing. 45k a year is a lot of mileage though! Are you renting or you own ? Could be worth moving closer...

Not sure if laptop is gone or not, but otherwise put it on eBay (despite their humongous fees) and it'll be gone stat.

johnrando
10-18-2014, 11:26 AM
Glad you got another job.

ELCID86
10-18-2014, 12:12 PM
Glad you got another job.

+1. Still looking for something without the commute?

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

az3579
10-18-2014, 12:14 PM
Congrats on the new job, better to be in there than nothing. 45k a year is a lot of mileage though! Are you renting or you own ? Could be worth moving closer...

Not sure if laptop is gone or not, but otherwise put it on eBay (despite their humongous fees) and it'll be gone stat.

Yeah, that's a sheeeeeeet ton of mileage. I drive a lot for personal reasons so the added 20k just for work really annoys me.
Currently I'm renting a room at home. I can't afford to move out at this salary, so the one room is where my budget is right now. We'll see what the future holds when all the bills are paid off.

Regardless, I'd prefer not to list this on eBay... I'd be paying fees for TWO services (eBay and PayPal). If it doesn't sell I'll reluctantly put it on there...

iZHP
10-18-2014, 12:46 PM
Too bad. I found myself in this situation last year, and downgraded to a Mid-2010 MacBook (the last of the polycarbonate unibodies). I got rid of the $1,500 MBPro for a $400 MacBook that works just as well. It's even upgradeable to 16GB RAM, and it's OS X 10.10 Yosemite compatible. That sucks about the job too, but you're in demand, and kick ass at what you do. You did find a job a week later, which speaks for itself.

az3579
10-19-2014, 07:08 AM
Too bad. I found myself in this situation last year, and downgraded to a Mid-2010 MacBook (the last of the polycarbonate unibodies). I got rid of the $1,500 MBPro for a $400 MacBook that works just as well. It's even upgradeable to 16GB RAM, and it's OS X 10.10 Yosemite compatible.

The whole reason I got this machine was for the incredible screen. I loved the flexibility of being able to adjust the resolution and have it look just as crystal clear and sharp as if it was its native resolution. There is NO other type of display that can do this, only a Retina. There is no substitute for the screen, honestly... everything else, yeah, an older device that's upgraded can somewhat compare. My ThinkPad W510 I'm running right now "also" has a Core i7 processor, and "also" has an SSD... but neither of those are quite as fast as the one in the MBP Retina. So, older machines can get "almost" as fast, which is just fine for most people. That is why I downgraded; I don't "need" anything the Retina has to offer that I don't have with the W510 other than the screen, and that is the one thing I truly miss.

That sucks about the job too, but you're in demand, and kick ass at what you do. You did find a job a week later, which speaks for itself.

It's just not that simple, my friend. Getting a job is easy; getting one that pays well and doesn't require 3 hours of my life travelling to and from every day is nearly impossible. :facepalm

I'd prefer we not mention this job situation any more and keep the focus on the sale of this device. Thanks guys...

Rovert
10-20-2014, 12:49 PM
I have a buddy who might be interested in purchasing it! :) He'll let me know tonight.

az3579
10-20-2014, 02:17 PM
I have a buddy who might be interested in purchasing it! :) He'll let me know tonight.

I actually just got a buyer; we're supposed to meet on the weekend. I'll let you know if he backs out for some reason.

With that said:

Sale pending.

az3579
10-26-2014, 06:16 AM
SOLD. Thanks for playing!

Mods, please edit title to reflect.

danewilson77
10-26-2014, 06:19 AM
SOLD. Thanks for playing!

Mods, please edit title to reflect.
Nice!

"No flamesuit required"