PDA

View Full Version : Need a ride in the TAMPA area...

JupiterBMW
10-21-2014, 01:06 PM
Alright guys, I need to call in a favor if possible. I will be flying home from the ship sometime in the middle of November. Unlike usual, I will not be flying into Palm Beach. I have to fly into Tampa and pick up a car and then I'll be driving home.

So, that being said, I need to ask if anyone is able to pick me up at Tampa airport and drive me to pick up the car. My dates are pretty flexible but I'm planning the middle of November, probably around the 15th-18th.

I would of course be in touch and let whoever know exactly when I'd be flying in so that we can arrange time.

Of course, I will buy lunch/dinner (depending on time) and throw any necessary gas money into your car.

Appreciate the help. In a perfect world, someone with a somewhat flexible schedule is best, but if not, I can arrange flights to arrive at a given time. I just need to be able to count on someone.

Thanks in advance!!

prowlerflyer
10-21-2014, 02:06 PM
Bummer Joop, I have been gone from Tampa since Aug.

Well, if you stop in Anacortes now...

ELCID86
10-21-2014, 02:27 PM
Wait. Pick up a car??

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

danewilson77
10-21-2014, 03:40 PM
Someone will step up Joop. What about pm-ing Tampa?

No flame suit required!

brettbimmer
10-21-2014, 04:07 PM
Perhaps Kyle may be able to help? Pinellas County isn't too large.

Sent from my pineapple under the sea.

BCS_ZHP
10-21-2014, 04:52 PM
Wait. Pick up a car??

Was wonder if others picked up on that. He didn't say pick up a rental, a shuttle bus or airport taxi can handle that...

Cover blown, inquiring minds want to know???

JupiterBMW
10-21-2014, 04:58 PM
Bummer Joop, I have been gone from Tampa since Aug.

Well, if you stop in Anacortes now...

We'll be anchored about 30 minutes off of Anacortes by 7am... I know you made the move, so no worries. I know its a bit of a hike to Seattle, but we'll be up there for about 4 weeks. Would be great to see you again! I will shoot you a text in the morning with a link to my location so you can see where we're anchored. :biggrin

danewilson77
10-21-2014, 05:02 PM
He totally ignored you Bruce.

The friendliest forum on the planet.

JupiterBMW
10-21-2014, 05:04 PM
Someone will step up Joop. What about pm-ing Tampa?

No flame suit required!

Perhaps Kyle may be able to help? Pinellas County isn't too large.

Sent from my pineapple under the sea.

Thanks guys. I didn't want to PM any one person and put them on the spot. As time draws near and I start running out of options, I'll be doing that. If nothing else, I'll have to fly over to the East Coast of FL and then have someone drive me back to Tampa. I'm trying to avoid that as it would encumber someone else for at least 6 hours, and my wife said no way was she doing it with the girls. It'd be miserable with my two little girls in the X5 for 6 hours straight, not to mention the X5 gas money is a VERY unnecessary expense. :biggrin

JupiterBMW
10-21-2014, 05:06 PM
He totally ignored you Bruce.

The friendliest forum on the planet.

:shifty

To be honest, now that I know you all have piqued attention, maybe I'll just let you all stew on it. :rofl

BCS_ZHP
10-21-2014, 05:06 PM
Yeah, used to it, my kids do it all the time, just an old fart here who actually understood his whole message.

Joop, don't stub your toe getting into that new Bimmer...

Johal E32
10-21-2014, 05:15 PM
Incase you can't get a ride.. (I hope you do find a ride from a forum member, wish you the best!)

Uber or Lyft could be an option?

johnrando
10-21-2014, 05:21 PM
I definitely caught that 'pick up a car', got my interest.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

danewilson77
10-21-2014, 05:23 PM
I caught it as well. I just refuse to let childish games waste my energy now.:)

No flame suit required!

JupiterBMW
10-21-2014, 05:29 PM
Eh, I'll give it out.... And thanks for the concern Bruce... :facepalm

The reality of it is that unfortunately, no, I did not buy a new BMW. In fact, I didn't buy anything at all. My brother graduated from USF in Tampa, and he had to leave his car in storage in Tampa. He currently works out of the Houston area (works on oil rigs) and bought a truck while he is out that way.

Soooo, I have to swing through Tampa and pick up his car and try to sell it for him. Besides, I get to drive it for a bit while I have it too, which will help some seeing as how we only have the X5 otherwise.

Sorry to disappoint... :biggrin

az3579
10-21-2014, 05:35 PM
I knew you weren't buying a car.

Dunno why the rest of you thought he was. :p

johnrando
10-21-2014, 05:40 PM
Fig'd maybe he found a deal too good to turn down, which still wld hv been a surprise, albeit a good one.

ELCID86
10-21-2014, 05:41 PM
#tease

prowlerflyer
10-21-2014, 05:43 PM
We'll be anchored about 30 minutes off of Anacortes by 7am... I know you made the move, so no worries. I know its a bit of a hike to Seattle, but we'll be up there for about 4 weeks. Would be great to see you again! I will shoot you a text in the morning with a link to my location so you can see where we're anchored. :biggrin
You just off - loading and not coming ashore?

I am busy all day tomorrow, Wednesday, but normally my schedule is pretty inconsistent. If you know when you be free in Seattle a couple of days ahead, let me know, I can make the time. Would be an excuse for me to drop the car off at the dealer for the recall.

JupiterBMW
10-21-2014, 05:48 PM
You just off - loading and not coming ashore?

I am busy all day tomorrow, Wednesday, but normally my schedule is pretty inconsistent. If you know when you be free in Seattle a couple of days ahead, let me know, I can make the time. Would be an excuse for me to drop the car off at the dealer for the recall.

Our only load/discharge port in WA is the Cherry Point Refinery, up North of Bellingham a bit. Still not too far from you. Sometimes if we have to wait before we can go to the dock and do cargo, we have to anchor a bit, which we do either in Port Angeles (way out West near the mouth of Puget Sound) or at the "Vendovi Anchorage", off of Anacortes. I'm not sure if Vendovi is a town or anything, I think its just the name of the anchorage.

But anyway, we'll be in Seattle at the shipyard for a few weeks, I'll let you know when it gets time for me to sign off, perhaps we could plan a little meet up in the area with a few of the members.

JupiterBMW
10-21-2014, 05:50 PM
I caught it as well. I just refuse to let childish games waste my energy now.:)

No flame suit required!

Sorry for having a bit of fun... Was just goofing around, and wanted to see how long it would take for people to catch on.

I'm surprised nobody has asked what kind of car yet either... Its a 2000 Honda S2000. And its for sale. PM if interested. :thumbsup

prowlerflyer
10-21-2014, 06:47 PM
But anyway, we'll be in Seattle at the shipyard for a few weeks, I'll let you know when it gets time for me to sign off, perhaps we could plan a little meet up in the area with a few of the members.

Done! I actually think there are a couple in Seattle.

BCS_ZHP
10-21-2014, 06:52 PM
Tease you back, I dropped a deposit on a 4-wheel vehicle today, not street legal...

johnrando
10-21-2014, 07:37 PM
Niiice

az3579
10-22-2014, 03:34 AM
Tease you back, I dropped a deposit on a 4-wheel vehicle today, not street legal...

What's wrong with it? lol
You're not known for buying track cars, so I can only assume it's a fixer upper.

JupiterBMW
10-22-2014, 05:02 AM
He didn't even say car. Probably a new hov-around so pops can get to and from more easily... ZING!! [emoji16][emoji16]

Smilez
10-22-2014, 05:10 AM
--^ THAT IS SO WRONG :rofl

danewilson77
10-22-2014, 05:42 AM
Sorry for having a bit of fun... Was just goofing around, and wanted to see how long it would take for people to catch on.

I'm surprised nobody has asked what kind of car yet either... Its a 2000 Honda S2000. And its for sale. PM if interested. :thumbsup
Don't be sorry for having fun. I like watching the other guys toil on your teases. :)

No flame suit required!

JupiterBMW
10-22-2014, 05:43 AM
Even if I have to walk to pick up the car, this thread is worth the humor! [emoji16]

danewilson77
10-22-2014, 06:45 AM
:rofl

BCS_ZHP
10-22-2014, 03:56 PM
He didn't even say car. Probably a new hov-around so pops can get to and from more easily... ZING!! [emoji16][emoji16]

Sold my JD riding mower, sold our Yamaha 4-wheeler with plow, replacing both with a JD subcompact tractor with a front end loader, bigger mowing deck, power bagging system, and 3-point hitch. I've always wanted a loader, now for some yard relandscaping projects.

JupiterBMW
10-22-2014, 04:16 PM
Sold my JD riding mower, sold our Yamaha 4-wheeler with plow, replacing both with a JD subcompact tractor with a front end loader, bigger mowing deck, power bagging system, and 3-point hitch. I've always wanted a loader, now for some yard relandscaping projects.

Like a BAUCE. [emoji106]

illirep
10-22-2014, 04:38 PM
I was hoping for an older BMW project, ie e30, e36. But some free short-term vtec will do! Fun cars.

JupiterBMW
10-23-2014, 05:21 AM
Yeah it's on coilovers, a nice set of wheels and an exhaust. Should be alright for a bit.