PDA

View Full Version : Lost the ability to edit posts?

MasterC17
02-28-2011, 04:14 PM
Don't know where else to put this thread. Feel free to delete after I figure this out. As of this morning I can no longer modify any of my posts that I made prior to today. It's kind of annoying because I would like the ability to update my project thread. Anyone else have this happen or know the reason why? Thanks :)

mimalmo
02-28-2011, 04:15 PM
just edited one of mine a minute ago.

EDIT: just added this in after posting the above

Marcus-SanDiego
02-28-2011, 04:22 PM
Actually, I do know why, MC. I changed the rule to 10 hours for edits. That way people don't go back and alter history.

However, I can see why that rule can hurt people who are editing project pages for example.

Tell you what. I will lift the restriction for now.

We should discuss it in this thread, though.

Do people want to be able to edit their posts forever? Should there be a 30-day period? 10 days? 24 hours?

Let me know what you guys want.

mimalmo
02-28-2011, 04:39 PM
I'm on a couple other forums where you can edit for as long as you want and it doesn't seem to be a problem. I'm pretty sure that if there was some asshattery going on around here regarding post editing, you would know about it right away and that person would be dealt with.

Marcus-SanDiego
02-28-2011, 04:41 PM
I wasn't sure how to handle this, actually. But, yeah, you make a good point, Eli. I'll leave it open indefinitely.

danewilson77
02-28-2011, 05:24 PM
I would go with indef.

MasterC17
02-28-2011, 05:25 PM
Although it seems decided, I would second the notion of leaving it open indefinitely. It's annoying not being able to edit for example a for sale thread with a bunch of parts as you keep selling them. Though I can see why you wouldn't want people to; then again we have a good group on here! :) At least you can tell when they edited it.

Thanks as usual for giving me a quick and honest answer Marcus - you're doing a great job with the forums.

Marcus-SanDiego
02-28-2011, 05:35 PM
It's being left open indefinitely. I need to trust my members to not abuse that. I believe you guys are all trustworthy. Therefore, it stays indefinitely.