PDA

View Full Version : Surprised New Owner from Vegas

Blurr
02-28-2011, 05:00 PM
If you'd asked me what ZHP meant two weeks ago, I wouldn't have any idea...

Hi, My name is Jon. I'm from Las Vegas, and a little less than two weeks ago, I found myself surprised at what I'd actually bought.

I had the pleasure of picking up an absolutely gorgeous 2005 330Ci (my favorite year and model of the 3 series and my dream car). Little did I know at the time that what I was actually driving off the lot wasn't just any normal 330Ci, but a ZHP. I was just happy at what I thought the previous owner did, like add faux-carbon fiber interior trim, M wheels, my style body kit, lower it, and give it an M steering wheel. I wouldn't find out until later that afternoon when I took it by the BMW dealership to have it inspected, that those options were standard on the ZHP and that I had on my hands something more special than I could have expected. The original dealership had no idea of what the had on their hands

I took this picture about 30 minutes after I rescued her from the dealership where she was stuffed between 'normal' cars. :(

She was immaculately maintained by the previous owner and he (or she) was on the spot with all service points, nothing was missed and everything was done by a very good BMW dealership.

A little bit about myself... I'm from the 3000GT/Stealth world (3S for short), I've owned 4 of them, two of which were of the twin turbo AWD variety (VR4). One of them two weeks ago was totaled in an accident (I walked out without a scratch) and the only other that I still own is waiting for donor parts to make it a twin turbo FWD beast. :) I run Vegas3S which is the 3000GT/Stealth owners club in Vegas (www.vegas3s.com/forum (http://www.vegas3s.com/forum)) and I a very proud owner of my new ZHP :)

Marcus-SanDiego
02-28-2011, 05:04 PM
Blurr, not sure if you've heard, but our cars are not special (http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?983-Nough-Said-My-BMW-ZHP-Is-Not-Special-%28a-video-by-Kayger12%29). Ha!

Welcome to the forum. Glad you posted.

kayger12
02-28-2011, 05:07 PM
Welcome to the Mafia. Great picture.

mimalmo
02-28-2011, 05:09 PM
Welcome.

danewilson77
02-28-2011, 05:22 PM
Welcome to the Mafia Bluuuuuuuuuuur.

Say...someone on here is looking for recommendations (http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?1427-Las-Vegas-Aria-or-Planet-Hollywood-Towers-Where-would-you-stay-and-why) on where to stay in Vegas. Your precense is quite accomodating. I think it was Tripod06......

Anyway....dig in where you can......we will teach you the rest.

Jon D
02-28-2011, 05:32 PM
welcome to the mafia...

Mtnman
02-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Welcome to the family! Great score. Always nice when an unexpected suprise after buying a car is a good thing!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Blurr
03-01-2011, 08:48 AM
@ Marcus-SanDiego - Haha, I think that was the first post that I saw here. Good stuff :)

@ danewilson77 - On it. Those are two totally different types of hotels but the Aria is pretty damn sweet!

danewilson77
03-01-2011, 08:51 AM
Thanks Blurr. You're the shiznit!

pyreguy
03-01-2011, 10:04 AM
Welcome! I too learned about the (not special) glory that is ZHP after finding my killer looking 330i as well. Glad to have you here.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

jjcools
03-01-2011, 10:18 AM
Love the Aria, I lived in Vegas for about 5 years or so.

Stayed at the Aria in December and it was really nice and a great location.

Welcome to the family! Nice score.