PDA

View Full Version : JOM "Blue line" C/O's?

94jedi
10-28-2014, 11:22 AM
Anyone know anything about these coilovers? With over 100k on the oem suspension, I'm beginning to research options.

http://www.ecstuning.com/News/BMW_E46_325i_330i_JOM_Blueline_Coilovers_2001_2002 _2003_2004_2005_2006/?utm_source=emailcampaign&utm_medium=marketing&utm_content=retail&utm_campaign=BMW_E46_JOMCoilovers

Avetiso
10-28-2014, 11:33 AM
You get your money's worth.

Vas
10-28-2014, 11:38 AM
I would pass on those.

94jedi
10-28-2014, 11:45 AM
Yep. Figured that. Suspension is no place to skimp.

ZHP Dave
10-28-2014, 11:47 AM
I'd be worried about something so important costing so little. My BC Racing coilovers just showed up today, and I was hesitant about those even. Plenty of people have had great success with them though, including a few here, so I figured they will work for my needs.

Is your OEM hardware lacking somehow for your uses, or are you just wanting to refresh things for pretty cheap?

mbeckel
10-28-2014, 11:49 AM
I'd pass on these

94jedi
10-28-2014, 12:05 PM
I'd be worried about something so important costing so little. My BC Racing coilovers just showed up today, and I was hesitant about those even. Plenty of people have had great success with them though, including a few here, so I figured they will work for my needs.

Is your OEM hardware lacking somehow for your uses, or are you just wanting to refresh things for pretty cheap?
Yep, just trying to improve performance a bit when replacing oem stuff.

LivesNearCostco
10-28-2014, 06:41 PM
From what I've heard, those will let you lower the car on a budget but are unlikely to improve performance.

wertyu78
10-28-2014, 09:09 PM
These ride like shit

Sent from my iPhone

az3579
10-29-2014, 03:22 AM
Yep, just trying to improve performance a bit when replacing oem stuff.

I would imagine that at the cost of these, they didn't put in enough (if any) Research & Development to figure out an optimal setup. If anything, I wouldn't expect any increase in performance with these. It might even be worse, but I don't think we have anyone here that has tried these that could give us input. This is the first time I've heard of this brand.

Fat-Ham
10-29-2014, 09:55 AM
I have these Coilovers. They've been on my car for the past 5,000 miles and they are what you pay for. You get the joy of adjusting height but the ride isn't the greatest. To me they feel a bit soft and fairly bouncy at higher speeds but overall they aren't that bad. If you don't plan on tracking your car and you would like to lower the height on a budget, these will be just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

94jedi
10-29-2014, 10:01 AM
I have these Coilovers. They've been on my car for the past 5,000 miles and they are what you pay for. You get the joy of adjusting height but the ride isn't the greatest. To me they feel a bit soft and fairly bouncy at higher speeds but overall they aren't that bad. If you don't plan on tracking your car and you would like to lower the height on a budget, these will be just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually, I don't really want to go too much lower than stock (my driveway!) but I'm definitely looking for a substantial improvement in performance.

slater
10-29-2014, 10:12 AM
Actually, I don't really want to go too much lower than stock (my driveway!) but I'm definitely looking for a substantial improvement in performance.

i'd suggest a good set of dampers.

peter

94jedi
10-29-2014, 10:14 AM
And what about some nice Springs that don't slam the car?

slater
10-29-2014, 10:28 AM
And what about some nice Springs that don't slam the car?

the stock ZHP springs aren't low enough? otherwise i would suggest eibach pro-kit as i've had good experience with those, but i think the stock ZHP spring rates are more favorable.

peter

LivesNearCostco
10-29-2014, 10:31 AM
If you want coilovers that perform better than the JOM blue-line, check with Ray/Smilez. He's got some deals on better coilovers, but they do cost more (like at least double) what the JOMs do.

I'm debating getting some Eibach Pro-kit or H&R sport springs for my E36. Currently it's on Bilstein sports and H&R race (with the extra low rear spring option) and I feel it's too low in the rear, maybe about the right height in the front. On the other hand what I really want is a set of Ground Control coilovers for the E36, as that's what I have on the E46.

CarbonZHP
12-15-2014, 08:44 PM
If you want coilovers that perform better than the JOM blue-line, check with Ray/Smilez. He's got some deals on better coilovers, but they do cost more (like at least double) what the JOMs do.

I'm debating getting some Eibach Pro-kit or H&R sport springs for my E36. Currently it's on Bilstein sports and H&R race (with the extra low rear spring option) and I feel it's too low in the rear, maybe about the right height in the front. On the other hand what I really want is a set of Ground Control coilovers for the E36, as that's what I have on the E46.

This is really late but I stumbled upon this. To fix the rear end low issue I just put the thickest spring pad. 15mm. Evened it up with the front nicely.