PDA

View Full Version : Teaser Pic

mikeyb74
03-02-2011, 06:22 AM
My new mod that I just ordered.

http://www.speedstersource.com/REDCOMETM3/HL_B3_E46_4D_02_DP_A_BLK_PLUS_UHP_LED_W_B.jpg

danewilson77
03-02-2011, 06:33 AM
Oooo...where did you order from?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

mikeyb74
03-02-2011, 06:40 AM
Oooo...where did you order from?

Ebay. $369 with free shipping.

danewilson77
03-02-2011, 06:49 AM
I was looking at those last night. Depo P-46's. I hear the AE's are ass...but the lights should be decent. Let us know how they are when you get them

mikeyb74
03-02-2011, 07:35 AM
I was looking at those last night. Depo P-46's. I hear the AE's are ass...but the lights should be decent. Let us know how they are when you get them

I have set of the standard Depos on my desk here at work. The assemblies are very nicely put together. Not sure about the AEs being crap.

danewilson77
03-02-2011, 08:32 AM
What are you using them for? Paperweights?

Put that sheeeet in a box and ship to your good buddy DW77!!!!!

mikeyb74
03-02-2011, 09:01 AM
What are you using them for? Paperweights?

Put that sheeeet in a box and ship to your good buddy DW77!!!!!

I wanted to check them out...:)

I can not wait to receive my set. Any idea what HID kit I should go with?

mikeyb74
03-15-2011, 01:23 PM
Okay, I ordered these DEPO P-46s on Ebay. I still have not recieved them because some azzhat hacked my ebay account and changed my confirmed shipping address for a freight forwarding company based in Saracota FL. So...I contact the seller who basically told him to go pound sand with the issue. All I wanted him to do is issue a pick up tag with UPS so they can go out to the site to pick it up to ship it to me. Well I ended up calling both Paypal and Ebay which was basically a waste of time. Yesterday morning I decided to call my credit card company. The customer representative started a charge back. Which I'll have 30 days to reverse just in case I do end up receiving the lights. I actually called the freight forwarding company who received the package. They were really nice to deal with. So UPS showed up there this morning to pick up my package. Hopefully I'll have my lights by the end of the week.

Marcus-SanDiego
03-15-2011, 01:28 PM
Okay, I ordered these DEPO P-46s on Ebay. I still have not recieved them because some azzhat hacked my ebay account and changed my confirmed shipping address for a freight forwarding company based in Saracota FL. So...I contact the seller who basically told him to go pound sand with the issue. All I wanted him to do is issue a pick up tag with UPS so they can go out to the site to pick it up to ship it to me. Well I ended up calling both Paypal and Ebay which was basically a waste of time. Yesterday morning I decided to call my credit card company. The customer representative started a charge back. Which I'll have 30 days to reverse just in case I do end up receiving the lights. I actually called the freight forwarding company who received the package. They were really nice to deal with. So UPS showed up there this morning to pick up my package. Hopefully I'll have my lights by the end of the week.

Wow. Sounds like an ordeal. Glad it's somewhat sorted out.

Alphatek45
03-15-2011, 01:49 PM
This thread is relevant to my interests. Waiting for details, Mikey. Thanks

danewilson77
03-15-2011, 02:57 PM

What a nightmare. Ahem.....why did you not get those BMW headlights somewhere else?

mikeyb74
03-15-2011, 04:24 PM
What a nightmare. Ahem.....why did you not get those BMW headlights somewhere else?

A total nightmare. I do not know if I'll even sell or buy anything at this point using ebay. The CS rep was rude and not helpful at all. This was the cheapest place I could get them. I could have bought them at work but it would have cost me almost another $200 more.

Marcus-SanDiego
03-15-2011, 04:49 PM
When it comes to eBay you really have to do your homework on the seller. I spend some time getting comfortable with sellers before I pull the trigger.

mikeyb74
03-15-2011, 04:55 PM
When it comes to eBay you really have to do your homework on the seller. I spend some time getting comfortable with sellers before I pull the trigger.

The seller I bought them from has 11455 excellent feedback. It was not really their fault that my account was hacked.

Marcus-SanDiego
03-15-2011, 04:59 PM
Good point, Mikey.

Mtnman
03-15-2011, 04:59 PM
For the record. I have p46 depos with the standard (the ones that come withthem) angel eyes. You guys have all seen my setup. I think they are fine. They are similar to the classic bmw oems from the late 90's.

Mike, Hope you get this all worked out.

mikeyb74
03-15-2011, 05:07 PM
For the record. I have p46 depos with the standard (the ones that come withthem) angel eyes. You guys have all seen my setup. I think they are fine. They are similar to the classic bmw oems from the late 90's.

Mike, Hope you get this all worked out.

Thanks Man, How did you wire the angel eyes up? Currently I have CCFL rings in the stock halogen housings that I wired to the fuse box behind the glove box. Not sure if that's how I will wire these up. I would love it if the rings would flash with the parking lights when the car is locked by the key fob.

Mtnman
03-15-2011, 05:11 PM
Tapped the accessory wire. They run all the time and have a 5 to 10 second delay where they stay on after the car is off. Don't know how to make them flash without having them flash when the turn signal goes....which I didn't want.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

pyreguy
03-15-2011, 05:38 PM
^this

az3579
03-15-2011, 06:09 PM
Everyone,
Remember, a password should be COMPLEX. None of the "cookies123" rubbish, make something that's not a word and does not relate to you in any way, and include mixed case, special characters, and numbers. This will ensure that you will never get hacked. A good example of this is "t=6xU5e?" (note: this isn't a password for anything, just an example). If you can't remember it, drill it in your head 'till you can, that's what I do... type it out a hundred times if you have to.

It's amazing how many people have such simple passwords and then wonder why their accounts got hacked. :p

-- Just a friendly reminder from your local disgruntled techie --

Marcus-SanDiego
03-15-2011, 06:11 PM
That's good counsel, BP.

I typically just open a Word document and start hitting keys at random.

Might get something like this: kd8b8plgtfyude

Then I save it some place safe.

az3579
03-15-2011, 06:16 PM
That's good counsel, BP.

I typically just open a Word document and start hitting keys at random.

Might get something like this: kd8b8plgtfyude

Then I save it some place safe.

Another decent method. Throw in some characters and you're golden.
Or you could use a random password generator site. Use one that uses a secure connection, of course.

danewilson77
03-15-2011, 06:16 PM
OMG! You save it?

BP's gonna have a coniption fit.

Marcus-SanDiego
03-15-2011, 06:18 PM
Another decent method. Throw in some characters and you're golden.
Or you could use a random password generator site. Use one that uses a secure connection, of course.

Yep. Some of my passwords have &$)#, etc.

mikeyb74
03-15-2011, 06:39 PM
I've changed my ebay password 8 times since last week. Who knows how along it was hacked. This was the first time I've purchased something in 8 mouths. I make sure to change my email, bank, credit cards, paypal, and facebook passwords regularly.

Anyways I'll have the P46s on Friday.

mikeyb74
03-24-2011, 05:15 AM
I finally received my p46s. I had my work send out a UPS driver to pick up the lights.

http://184.72.239.143/mu/a68989cd-43f4-5517.jpg

mikeyb74
04-04-2011, 11:22 AM

gr330zhp
04-04-2011, 11:45 AM
Welll Photo 5 looks decent :p

mikeyb74
04-04-2011, 11:46 AM
I'll have more pics when I get the angel eyes and the HIDs hooked up. It was just to damn cold yesterday.

gr330zhp
04-05-2011, 04:51 AM
I'll have more pics when I get the angel eyes and the HIDs hooked up. It was just to damn cold yesterday.

That it was. I was just messin with ya :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

mikeyb74
04-05-2011, 08:47 AM
That it was. I was just messin with ya :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Well if you stop in at my work you'll get to see them.

mikeyb74
05-11-2011, 06:32 PM
http://tapatalk.com/mu/4c76123f-46c8-1e40.jpg