PDA

View Full Version : OEM HK speakers

SoDelBMW
11-23-2014, 06:09 AM
Does anyone know of a website where I can buy OEM HK speaker parts because a couple months back my passenger side tweeter blew and it really starting to bother me.:begging

Mason

WOLFN8TR
11-23-2014, 08:48 AM
That is a sign it's time to upgrade! [emoji106]

SoDelBMW
11-23-2014, 09:53 AM
That is a sign it's time to upgrade! [emoji106]

I wish man! I just read mLuMaNs thread on upgraded speakers and it seems like so much work and expensive.

fredo
11-23-2014, 10:24 AM
I looked at crutchfield dot com, but the Hk for e46 doesn't show in there.

ELCID86
11-23-2014, 11:29 AM
I wish man! I just read mLuMaNs thread on upgraded speakers and it seems like so much work and expensive.

Plus one. Not a lot of stock alternatives except BavSound ($$$). You can find speakers for sale on e46f and CL, but most are used and you run the risk that they are as old as the ones you are replacing.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

JupiterBMW
11-23-2014, 05:19 PM
I've got some of them. Let me know what you need... I'll dig up what I have and we'll compare notes! :thumbsup

SoDelBMW
11-24-2014, 05:16 AM
I've got some of them. Let me know what you need... I'll dig up what I have and we'll compare notes! :thumbsup

Your the man Joop! Ill PM you later today for them.:theman

SoDelBMW
12-26-2014, 09:53 AM
Alright I finally found the tweeters I need but have no idea how to even take off the cover to install these suckers, anyone have a good video or a walkthrough? So far I haven't found anything.

cakM3
12-26-2014, 10:02 AM
Alright I finally found the tweeters I need but have no idea how to even take off the cover to install these suckers, anyone have a good video or a walkthrough? So far I haven't found anything.

You got to take off the entire door panel to replace the tweeters. All you have to do is disconnect the door handle from the panel, unplug the two speaker wires and mirror control wire then you should be able to put the door panel on something that won't mar the surface. Get yourself a torx screw driver (don't remember the size) and simply unscrew the tweeters from the door panel and reattach the new speakers then use the same screws to secure them. That's it.

alexandre
12-26-2014, 10:17 AM
You got to take off the entire door panel to replace the tweeters. All you have to do is disconnect the door handle from the panel, unplug the two speaker wires and mirror control wire then you should be able to put the door panel on something that won't mar the surface. Get yourself a torx screw driver (don't remember the size) and simply unscrew the tweeters from the door panel and reattach the new speakers then use the same screws to secure them. That's it.

Screws that mount the tweeters are T30 - screws that mount the door panels are T20.

ELCID86
12-26-2014, 10:38 AM
Yeah just look for a door removal DIY pretty straightforward after you get it off.

SoDelBMW
12-26-2014, 10:44 AM
Yeah just look for a door removal DIY pretty straightforward after you get it off.

Ohhh alright thanks Sean.

cakM3
01-03-2015, 07:54 AM
How are you doing on your speaker upgrade?

ryankokesh
01-03-2015, 09:05 AM
Did you find OEM replacements?

Sent from my iPhone