PDA

View Full Version : (Not Mine) "SAVE ME" Imola/Imola E46 M3 6MT (MA | $15k)

E_Rak
12-28-2014, 07:04 PM
Somebody PLS.

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/ctd/4817606316.html

danewilson77
12-29-2014, 10:09 AM
Flat black dipped to "protect" the Imola paint.

I bet they meant to say "hide".

The friendliest forum on the planet.

mbeckel
12-29-2014, 10:18 AM
Flat black dipped to "protect" the Imola paint.

I bet they meant to say "hide".

The friendliest forum on the planet.
This! I bet the Imola paint looks abused.

Sent from in the bushes

ELCID86
12-29-2014, 11:23 AM
Some ppl do that to protect the paint in the winter. I'd be wanting some very recent, detailed pictures of the IT paint to prove it though.

bullfrogs_M3
12-29-2014, 12:50 PM
This makes no sense to me. I mean, would they dip the car EACH winter?! lol sounds more expensive than simply washing the car and minimizing driving periods. I don't know, I am a south westerner, so winterizing a car is pretty foreign to me

NoVAphotog
12-29-2014, 05:35 PM
This car just screams dogged out to me...maybe it's the "dip"

mbeckel
12-29-2014, 05:59 PM
This car just screams dogged out to me...maybe it's the "dip"
I'm totally with you on this, it seems like there's something wrong with it that the owner is hiding.

Sent from in the bushes

NoVAphotog
12-29-2014, 06:01 PM
I'm totally with you on this, it seems like there's something wrong with it that the owner is hiding.

Sent from in the bushes
Yeah even if I wanted to "dip" my car and it was in good condition I certainly would remove it before I tried to sell it.

mbeckel
12-29-2014, 06:04 PM
Yeah even if I wanted to "dip" my car and it was in good condition I certainly would remove it before I tried to sell it.
Absolutely, especially when it's a color combo as this car is, I would never hide an Imola on Imola combo. That's a combo that needs to be out for all the world to see!

Sent from in the bushes

danewilson77
12-29-2014, 07:03 PM
I dipped my car, in Imola, to save, the Imola.

:)

"No flamesuit required"

cakM3
12-29-2014, 07:29 PM
'Dipped' in flat black to protect the Imola paint underneith..........uhm.......yeah.......right!! :facepalm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

az3579
12-30-2014, 04:15 AM
I dipped my car, in Imola, to save, the Imola.

:)

"No flamesuit required"

Like... a... BAUCE.

cakM3
12-30-2014, 06:14 AM
Looks like this would be a great project for someone who's willing to shell out lots of $$$$$$ to fully sort out this car......

mbeckel
12-30-2014, 07:13 AM
Looks like this would be a great project for someone who's willing to shell out lots of $$$$$$ to fully sort out this car......
This car is priced wayyyyy too high

Sent from in the bushes

az3579
12-30-2014, 07:25 AM
This car is priced wayyyyy too high

Sent from in the bushes

I disagree. If the ad states that there are $12,000 in receipts for just 2014 alone, then some money was spent on the car. If most of that is maintenance (and if the statement is true), I'd say that's a pretty darned good deal. It's a 6-speed, Imola on Imola, highly desireable. If I could judge the exterior of the car based on the interior's condition, I'd say that car was well kept based on the pictures.

Plus, you're all jumping to conclusions about why the car was dipped. Never judge a book by its cover. If I was looking at M3's to buy, I wouldn't disregard this one. As a buyer, If I was to actually end up buying it, however, I would make him remove the dip as a condition of buying it, and proceed with the sale after the deposit if the paint checks out good underneath.

Remember when Dario was looking for a M3 to buy? He had a hell of a time finding an M3 that was in this price range that had a 6-speed manual. The 6MT cars seem to carry a premium...

mbeckel
12-30-2014, 07:30 AM
I disagree. If the ad states that there are $12,000 in receipts for just 2014 alone, then some money was spent on the car. If most of that is maintenance (and if the statement is true), I'd say that's a pretty darned good deal. It's a 6-speed, Imola on Imola, highly desireable. If I could judge the exterior of the car based on the interior's condition, I'd say that car was well kept based on the pictures.

Plus, you're all jumping to conclusions about why the car was dipped. Never judge a book by its cover. If I was looking at M3's to buy, I wouldn't disregard this one. As a buyer, If I was to actually end up buying it, however, I would make him remove the dip as a condition of buying it, and proceed with the sale after the deposit if the paint checks out good underneath.

Remember when Dario was looking for a M3 to buy? He had a hell of a time finding an M3 that was in this price range that had a 6-speed manual. The 6MT cars seem to carry a premium...
Very solid points there. The condition of the paint is my largest concern with this car. It's funny that you mentioned Dario in this, he reached out for help in finding his M3. I stumbled upon the one he bought in Denver's craigslist, saw the color combo and instantly knew he had to buy it! Glad it worked out for him as well, he helped someone in need, and also got the car he wanted.

Sent from in the bushes

cakM3
12-30-2014, 07:35 AM
... The 6MT cars seem to carry a premium...

6MT ///Ms do carry a premium... that's why a good friend of mine did the SMG to 6MT conversion on his and then sold his car for just over $30k, a 2004 ///M with just over 54k miles on it...

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=488859 (http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=488859)

az3579
12-30-2014, 07:36 AM
6MT ///Ms do carry a premium... that's why a good friend of mine did the SMG to 6MT conversion on his and then sold his car for just over $30k, a 2004 ///M with just over 54k miles on it...

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=488859 (http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=488859)

His is a very unusual case. M3's don't usually sell for anywhere near that, even with that mileage.
His car was just darned near immaculate. It's one of those cars that you'll spend a year or two trying to find. He put a ton of time and money into it, and it showed.

cakM3
12-30-2014, 07:49 AM
His is a very unusual case. M3's don't usually sell for anywhere near that, even with that mileage.
His car was just darned near immaculate. It's one of those cars that you'll spend a year or two trying to find. He put a ton of time and money into it, and it showed.

....and now the car is parked on the mean streets of Manhattan by the new owner....won't stay immaculate for long unfortunately.... :(

az3579
12-30-2014, 08:06 AM
....and now the car is parked on the mean streets of Manhattan by the new owner....won't stay immaculate for long unfortunately.... :(

I wish I could make this a lot bigger:

:facepalm

cakM3
12-30-2014, 08:32 AM
I wish I could make this a lot bigger:

:facepalm

I hear you BP......

Simmsled
12-30-2014, 06:26 PM
Its all the exclamation points that decrease the "IMMOLA" dip-protection factor credibility.

az3579
12-31-2014, 04:31 AM
Its all the exclamation points that decrease the "IMMOLA" dip-protection factor credibility.

Not everyone is a master of the English language.

UdubBadger
12-31-2014, 04:44 PM
Almost my twin even in mileage but mines an 04.