PDA

View Full Version : *** Official San Diego Caravan To Bimmerfest 2011 ***

Gheybe
03-02-2011, 11:53 PM
Hello guys!!!!

I am putting together the caravan to Bimmerfest again this year, as I did last year.

So far, the caravan will be held in the same place as last year, at the UTC Mall. We will then proceed to meet up with anyone from North County on the freeway and head up there. The route is still being decided but most likely will be only highway, instead of the canyon run of last year. A lot of people complained and we even had an accident among us.

This thread will contain all the necessary information of the caravan and events related to it. It will be updated every time something changes!

Can't wait to see everyone there!!

To those who don't already know, it is going to be on May 14, 2011.

Here is a link to the event: http://www.bimmerfest.com/bmw-events/

Make sure to register!

uhhhmeeer
03-11-2011, 10:10 PM
In, of course

Marcus-SanDiego
03-11-2011, 10:20 PM
Also in.

My first Bimmerfest was 10 years ago. I've been to three of these. Let's make it four.

C Withers Media
03-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Will be going, will not be going via caravan.

Always go up the night before and hang out with my people from the bay...

Marcus-SanDiego
03-11-2011, 10:24 PM
I'll be hitting up the caravan but will break off and head to rendezvous point to meet with ZHP Mafia members.

johnrando
03-12-2011, 09:44 AM
I'm in, but I live in the South Bay (L.A.'s South Bay), so I'm going to have to figure out where to meet up with you and then I'll join the other mafia members as well. Someone was saying an IKEA in O/C right off the freeway was a good place to meet. John

Marcus-SanDiego
03-12-2011, 10:27 AM
John, we'll get it sorted out as we get closer to the event.

tripod06
03-16-2011, 12:18 PM
John and i can meet up and if i can get some more of the OC group to meet me somewhere where i'm not back-tracking, then we can head to the meet place that i posted in the other forum. does everyone remember that place?

carsurplus
03-29-2011, 08:16 PM
So i live very close to the UTC area and i am looking forward to going up there with the caravan...this will be my first trip to bimmerfest. i would like to contribute some of my time into making the caravan successful... i told couple of my buddies with e46 and e36's they are down to go....im very excited.. my mom also has a sweet slr camera she can take pics of us at UTC mall....im stoked....if there is anything i can help with just pm i would like to get to know some of the forum moderators around the SD area....that would be cooll. my name is FEZ btw and ill be posting some pics of my car soon.... i know i dont have zhp but i have a 330ci coupe that im slowly puting CSL mods on ....thanks in advance everybody

Marcus-SanDiego
03-29-2011, 08:21 PM
Fez, welcome to the site. Be sure to introduce yourself in the new members section of the site.

carsurplus
03-29-2011, 08:22 PM
i will definitely just a little confusing in putting my sig....

carsurplus
03-29-2011, 08:40 PM
Yo was up Gheybe keep me updated on the caravan up...im trying to get as much people i know with a bimmer to join us

Gheybe
03-29-2011, 11:52 PM
Any new plans I make will be posted on this thread only. Keep up with the thread and you will have all the info you need.

As of now, the only thing I need people to do is spread the word to others so that the caravan is nice and full.

carsurplus
04-04-2011, 10:27 PM
any updates on the caravan up to Smell A (LA)

Marcus-SanDiego
04-04-2011, 10:37 PM
I would expect an update in the next two weeks (which is about a month before the event).

Gheybe
04-04-2011, 11:21 PM
Marcus is right.
From today up until the 16th, I will be doing the planning and working out the logistics of it. I will also be gathering people to be on my team.

I am going to have about 3 or 4 cars on my team. They will be marked and will serve as shepherds to keep the caravan tight and close together, without people getting lost.

RITmusic2k
04-05-2011, 10:58 AM
I'm probably not going to be able to make this, but I wanted to toss out the suggestion that if any of you have Motorola talkabouts or other walkie-talkies that operate on the same band, they're worth their weight in gold for endeavors like this.

carsurplus
04-06-2011, 10:38 PM
approx... how man cars caravan'd to la last year

Gheybe
04-06-2011, 10:45 PM
I'm probably not going to be able to make this, but I wanted to toss out the suggestion that if any of you have Motorola talkabouts or other walkie-talkies that operate on the same band, they're worth their weight in gold for endeavors like this.
We had them last year. Work like a charm. I'm pretty sure it's on the list of things to bring that I made and will be posting closer to the event.

approx... how man cars caravan'd to la last year

Over 100.

Gheybe
04-11-2011, 12:31 PM
Bump!!

danewilson77
04-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Got your back Gabe. Stuck!!

Gheybe
04-12-2011, 04:43 PM
Thanks Dane!!

:eeps

Copy.

Gheybe
04-18-2011, 11:26 PM
Bumpppp!!!!!!

Gheybe
04-21-2011, 01:28 PM
buuuuump

Gheybe
05-03-2011, 03:32 PM
OFFICIAL ROUTE:

5 freeway to the 110. On the way there, we will be joined by other caravans.

Marcus-SanDiego
05-04-2011, 10:39 AM
Gabe, need some assistance. Some of the ZHPMafia.com guys live in OC, LA. Do you have a complete itinerary of the caravans?

In other words, I know when the UTC group meets and where. However, are you guys going to stop at the Carlsbad outlet mall to pick up the north county folks? From there, will you guys be hooking up with the OC group? Will you eventually hook up with the LA group?

Just trying to see where some of the Mafia guys can hook up with our group (coming from San Diego).

Thanks, Gabe.

Gheybe
05-06-2011, 06:13 PM
Alright everybody, hope your cars are ready to roll!!!!

To answer the questions, we have opted to make the caravan as big as possible, meaning we will hook up with a couple of caravans on the way up.

To my knowledge, the Cerritos caravan will be joining us on the way up there.

We will meet with them on the 5 freeway, where it meets with the 605. They will join in with us. As far as I know, the cerritos caravan plans to meet with south bay caravan and therefore, we will meet them both.

I have not made plans with the OC caravan, but I will make contact with them right now by posting in their thread and asking questions.

I will post on here once more to let the final decision be known!

Keep posted guys!!!

Marcus-SanDiego
05-06-2011, 06:14 PM
Thanks, Gabe.

C Withers Media
05-09-2011, 10:49 PM
Will not be in attendance this year, however Gabe, I have referred to Tim that you receive my media passes for the event. If he approves either yourself or Mark to receive them I will contact you with registration information and credential redemption information.

CW.