PDA

View Full Version : ZKW adjuster issue

nsk040
01-21-2015, 06:25 AM
Some complications from a retrofit. One of the adjusters is broken; see picture.

Any suggestions on fixing? Is this part available?

I could use JB Quickweld but worry that 1) it would break over a bump or 2) that it shouldn't be 100% fixed as I think the yellowish circular piece needs the ability to "rotate" very slightly inside the loop piece which is currently broken to make adjustments to headlight aim.

Alternatively, I could go the halogen route and just sell 2 complete ZKW xenon assemblies which just had a professional retrofit. What might both assemblies be worth?

Hornung418
01-21-2015, 02:11 PM
Sit tight. I may have a spare for you. Give me tonight to find and remove. Can mail out tomorrow. PM me your address.

nsk040
01-21-2015, 03:20 PM
Really appreciate the offer, but one quick question before I accept. Is that part something which I could snap in pretty easily (now that I have the lenses off), or would I have to take apart the whole assembly again? I worry about having to take it apart as the shrouds are now epoxied to the projectors.

Let me try to remove the existing broken piece this evening and will shoot you a PM either way. Again, much appreciated.

TWong1200
01-21-2015, 03:36 PM
I'm pretty sure it all has to come apart in order to replace that piece, unfortunately.

nsk040
01-21-2015, 04:47 PM
It looks like it does have to come apart a good bit...and even then I'm not 100% sure it would easy to swap the piece in. Let me try a more direct repair; I may take you up the part offer if this doesn't work. If so, more than happy to pay you for the part/shipping.

Thanks

LivesNearCostco
01-21-2015, 10:12 PM
I wonder if a strategically placed zip tie could hold the yellow piece inside the broken adjuster loop. Maybe drill a hole inside the adjuster to hold the zip tie?

Hornung418
01-22-2015, 06:17 AM
It looks like it does have to come apart a good bit...and even then I'm not 100% sure it would easy to swap the piece in. Let me try a more direct repair; I may take you up the part offer if this doesn't work. If so, more than happy to pay you for the part/shipping.

Thanks

You don't need to remove any shrouds to access the housing. the light unit snaps into place in three points. The only thing that epoxy is making difficult is removing the Xenon projector from the Frame.

And unfortunately I just remembered that I only have ALs in the house. I left the ZKWs with the wreck and pulled my M3 lights :( But if someone has a busted set of ZKWs they can get this part for you.

To gain access, You need to unscrew the adjuster all the way and it should thread all the way off the unit.