PDA

View Full Version : DentEZOut -- San Diego Dent (ding) Removal (Paintless Dent Repair) Review

Marcus-SanDiego
03-04-2011, 12:31 AM
About two weeks ago, some jackass dinged my 335 coupe in two separate spots. The guy did not take any paint with him. Thank goodness.

Before I review DentEZOut's work, I want to acknowledge that Israel Hernandez, the owner, hooked the Mafia up (thanks, Israel). I'm always on the prowl for a good ding repair guy. I've found my guy. I'll be using Israel exclusively from here on out. I'll also be recommending him to my friends in the BMW community on an exclusive basis.

Israel has more than 20 years of paintless dent repair experience. He learned his trade from the Germans, who taught him everything he needed to know to perform top-notch work. He logged ten years at Volkswagen of America (doing dent repair on new cars before they hit the sales floor); he logged another ten years at Dent Pro. In 2008, he started his own business, DentEZOut.

Today, I brought my car down to Israel, hoping that he could remove two fairly large dents that were on the rear panel of my passenger-side (behind the passenger door, but in front of the wheel well). No problem, Israel said.

He went in through the wheel well and worked his magic. First, it was nice to see him go through the wheel well rather than through the metal, where the door closes. So many dent repair guys drill a hole there and then do a rubber plug. Not Israel. He's as anal as all of us. No holes. No rubber plugs.

After about 20-30 minutes of finessing the dings, they were gone. I'm simply unable to tell that the dings ever existed. That's just the kind of outcome I'm looking for when I do paintless dent removal. There were no mistakes and the paint looks perfect.

Going forward, I will -- as I mentioned earlier -- be endorsing and promoting Israel every chance I get. As a long-time member of the San Diego BMW community, I've had the opportunity to meet and work with some very good ding-repair guys. Israel is the best I've come across.

Therefore, here's the deal. If any Mafia members ever need any ding or dent work done in the San Diego area, you'd be a total moron if you don't give Israel your business. I have told him about the members of this forum. He also knows that there is a fairly large contingency of San Diego members here. He says that he would love to take care of our Mafia family. I told him the business is all his.

You can find out more about Israel and his family-owned business at the DentEZOut Web site (http://www.dentezout.com/). He has also included his cell phone number on the site. By the way, if you can't get to him, he will come to you, since he also does mobile work.

When you call him, let him know that you're a member of ZHPMafia.com. He'll take good care of you.

You can reach him at:

Israel Hernandez
619-822-9881

danewilson77
03-04-2011, 04:22 AM
Thanks for the writeup Boss. I hope the guys are as good here. I have a couple dents/dings I need to have fixed.

Marcus-SanDiego
03-04-2011, 06:49 AM
There are some very good ding guys out there, Dane. I know one thing I would ask any ding guy is how they would have tackled my ding. Would they have gone through the wheel well or through the car door area? If they're drilling holes through the chassis, where everyone can see it, then keep looking. That's one way for me to separate them. Of course, I'd also like to see their work. They may do amazing work nonetheless.

Israel, meanwhile, does all of 2M Auto Body's ding work. I caught up with Israel at a Honda dealership yesterday, where he was fixing all of their cars. See which big accounts your ding guy has.

danewilson77
03-04-2011, 10:52 AM
My guys are bubba and Willis. doubt they know what a big account is...lol.

Marcus-SanDiego
03-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Haha.

az3579
03-04-2011, 12:06 PM
So... I must be a moron because I'm not giving Israel my business... mainly because I'm on the Beast Coast. lol
Luckily the only dents I have are so inconspicuous that they can wait because my OCD hasn't triggered for those yet. :)

Glad to hear you found someone reliable. So he does mobile work, eh????????
Oooooooooooooooooooohhhhh Israeeeeeeeel!!!! :biggrin

Marcus-SanDiego
03-04-2011, 12:19 PM
From my post: "If any Mafia members ever need any ding or dent work done in the San Diego area, you'd be a total moron if you don't give Israel your business."

I don't think he'll travel all the way out to you, BP.

az3579
03-04-2011, 06:35 PM
From my post: "If any Mafia members ever need any ding or dent work done in the San Diego area, you'd be a total moron if you don't give Israel your business."

I don't think he'll travel all the way out to you, BP.

I was kidding...
He'd be crazy to do that... or I'd be broke after paying his travel expenses. lol

Marcus-SanDiego
03-04-2011, 07:10 PM
I'll drag him with me to Virginia, BP. ha.

jjcools
03-04-2011, 08:21 PM
Can you move to NorCal and start this networking thing over? I am always nervous to try out a new person without some good reports.

Marcus-SanDiego
03-04-2011, 08:24 PM
I love networking. I find hookups wherever I live. In San Diego I share my hookups whenever I can. You need to move down here, JJ.

Marcus-SanDiego
07-06-2011, 09:32 AM
Bump for the San Diego guys.

Marcus-SanDiego
08-18-2011, 09:16 PM
San Diego guys.

billschusteriv
08-19-2011, 08:12 AM
Nice writeup Marcus. I will post on a guy that is around the DC metro area (works for Mini Alexandria) - recommended by Stewart (330i_ZHP).

Marcus-SanDiego
09-21-2011, 06:52 AM
Southern California guys.

das boots
09-23-2011, 10:55 AM
San Diego guys.

Where is Israel's shop located? Thanks.

Marcus-SanDiego
09-23-2011, 11:06 AM
He's mobile. Give him a call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

das boots
09-24-2011, 07:34 PM
Got it. Thanks.

WOLFN8TR
09-24-2011, 11:05 PM
Awesome. When I'm down in San Diego visiting my bro I will give him a ring. I have about 4 or 5 dings from the previous owner that need taken out.

Gordo_GT
09-24-2011, 11:25 PM
Can you move to NorCal and start this networking thing over? I am always nervous to try out a new person without some good reports.

For NorCal members I recommend Bulls Eye PDR (their site states Dent Removal and not Dent Repair), they work mainly in Roseville, they do good work. http://www.bullseyedent.com/

Marcus-SanDiego
09-25-2011, 06:46 AM
Gordo, be sure to create a thread with a review of Bulls Eye PDR. Your post here will get buried.

Gordo_GT
09-28-2011, 02:12 PM
Gordo, be sure to create a thread with a review of Bulls Eye PDR. Your post here will get buried.

You are right, thanks for the advice

Marcus-SanDiego
02-17-2012, 07:35 AM
A friendly reminder that San Diego has one of the best dent/ding removers.

GSEN820
02-17-2012, 08:06 AM
Great bump I was just about to search for someone for a dent

WOLFN8TR
02-17-2012, 09:11 AM
I had a Dent guy remove 3 dents in the ZHP the other day, $150. He did a good job on the dents but scratched my window tint on the passenger door at the top of the window. Called the guy about it and he said there is NO way I could of done that. NICE....

Marcus-SanDiego
02-17-2012, 08:53 PM
Great bump I was just about to search for someone for a dent

Can't beat Israel. Tell him that Mark at ZHPMafia.com sent you. He'll take care of you.