PDA

View Full Version : E46 Volume Knob Repair

Cadeez
03-10-2015, 03:09 PM
As you all know, the inner mounting "bracket" for the volume knob on your Business CD53 is prone to breaking, making the knob become wobbly and annoying. All it takes is pushing the knob too hard once for the on/off function and boom, busted knob. Well I recently found a great fix and DIY to go with. I ordered this part, used the DIY and it worked flawlessly, took me about 45 mins. It's definitely worth the $30 imho. Cheers

Part - http://www.germanautorecycling.com/bmw-parts/new-parts/e46-cd53-volume-repair-diy

DIY - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS2zT2Fd1BE

GE Geoff
03-10-2015, 03:30 PM
Well I recently found a great fix and DIY to go with. I ordered this part, used the DIY and it worked flawlessly, took me about 45 mins. It's definitely worth the $30 imho. Cheers

Nice Job Jeff! Think I'll look into that one.

Oli77
03-10-2015, 04:03 PM
I went with a piece of balsa wood and hot glue (still fine after 5 years).

It's impressive that companies can manufacture a piece of plastic exactly designed to fix that problem.

Great find, but a tad pricey.

derbo
03-11-2015, 12:13 PM
This is great. I will have to remember this if mine ever breaks like that.

sent from my phone

NoVAphotog
03-11-2015, 12:20 PM
It's impressive that companies can manufacture a piece of plastic exactly designed to fix that problem.

Seriously. Gotta love it.

wertyu78
03-11-2015, 01:36 PM
Seriously. Gotta love it.

This is very cool. However, if mine breaks.... I'm going with a single din. I don't care if it doesn't look stock anymore. The car is almost 11 years old now...

maybe Dynavin/Eonin type of unit.

/radiobreakstomorrow*

derbo
03-11-2015, 03:42 PM
This is very cool. However, if mine breaks.... I'm going with a single din. I don't care if it doesn't look stock anymore. The car is almost 11 years old now...

maybe Dynavin/Eonin type of unit.

/radiobreakstomorrow*

I hope the parrot CarPlayAndroidAuto Double Din is reasonably priced.

Sent from iPad Mini