PDA

View Full Version : Tire Selection

ravenclaw
03-21-2015, 09:31 AM
Hi Guys
I own a ZHP since July,2014. I had a new pair of BF Goodrich KDW-2 Tires on my rear, but had excessive wear within 7k-8k miles they r out of use. Contacted BFGoodrich and they have offered me a $200 credit for the next set of tires i buy. I stay at Columbus, Indiana. The place i stay had 4 months of winter and recieves abt low to moderate amount of snow. My problem is to choose my next set of tires. Shud i go in a purchase Michellin Pilot Super Sport (summer) or shud i choose Michelin A/S 3 with 45k miles warrenty? Any inputs would be helpful in selecting my tires. I cant find much abt A/S 3 reviews in winter (snow). Thank in advance.!!

ELCID86
03-21-2015, 01:16 PM
PSS and winters is probably your safest bet. You could go AS if you have an alternate vehicle for winter or are brave! Conti DWS are a good bet.

ravenclaw
03-23-2015, 02:37 PM
Thank you so much. !! I got my pair of Michelin Pilot Super Sport today.. !!

Oli77
03-23-2015, 03:59 PM
Got mine in a couple of weeks ago. They need a little time to adjust and get better. At first they were not that responsive and now, at ~800 miles, they are very nice, tight and quiet. Good purchase.

az3579
03-23-2015, 04:10 PM
Got mine in a couple of weeks ago. They need a little time to adjust and get better. At first they were not that responsive and now, at ~800 miles, they are very nice, tight and quiet. Good purchase.

When I was at Michelin's event last year, they said that tires are at 100% performance right out of the box. They do not need any break-in whatsoever. They said this applies to all tires, not just Michelin.

It's possible what you felt was temperature difference or other environmental variables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oli77
03-23-2015, 04:34 PM
^ well I'll be! Thought I felt a difference, it was colder initially, could be that.
Those butt-dyno numbers never feel that solid.