PDA

View Full Version : Can your BMW 330 ZHP do this????

C Withers Media
03-06-2011, 11:19 PM
Ironman Magazine
April 2011
Page 183

On your local international newsstand now.

You know how we do.......

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5174/5505540054_e38014da32_z.jpg

Mike V
03-07-2011, 12:05 AM
I don't get it. What am I missing?

Gheybe
03-07-2011, 12:21 AM
He took those shots.

nice work casey!

C Withers Media
03-07-2011, 12:44 AM
This is the original shot before it went worldwide distribution...

A whole page man, a whole page with an insert.....

Insane.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5258/5504986271_4b579864e5_z.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5012/5505721586_4ab534ed78_z.jpg

kayger12
03-07-2011, 03:09 AM
Congrats, Casey.

Awesome achievement.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.

pyreguy
03-07-2011, 03:41 AM
Congratulations!!!
This is huge!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

danewilson77
03-07-2011, 03:55 AM
Explain to me Casey how huge this is. Will this create more clientel?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

billschusteriv
03-07-2011, 05:43 AM
This is incredible Casey!

An excellent addition to your portfolio and list of published works!

Marcus-SanDiego
03-07-2011, 06:34 AM
Dane, it will be great for a host of reasons.

First, it goes into a photographer's clip portfolio.

Two, it becomes part of the resume when a prospective client asks about published works.

Three, it gives the photographer street cred.

Four, from a psychological standpoint, people will put Casey into a category that differs from, say, a guy with the same camera (who is very good) -- but who has not been published.

Five, Casey can charge more for his work each time he gets published in a magazine like this.

Six, higher-end clients will seek Casey out, which results in more of number five.

That's my take, at least.

Terry
03-07-2011, 09:30 AM
Wondering who you dealt with there? My friend Jonathan has worked at IRON MAN forever. He's a Bimmer fanatic, long time instructor, club racer, and one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

Funny coincidence here. Maybe you already know him though?

Great shooting and eye, Casey. Was hoping for a portrait of myself on a staircase, although I don't think my body (and gender?) would be satisfactory content.

Cheers,

Terry

danewilson77
03-07-2011, 09:57 AM
I do not know anyone at Ironman magazine...though I have adorned the pages many times.

Thanks for the info Marcus.

C Withers Media
03-07-2011, 10:42 AM
Congrats, Casey.

Awesome achievement.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.

Thank you, I am still pretty wound up about it and I have known for 3 months, but there is just a sense of accomplishment when you actually see it for real.

Congratulations!!!
This is huge!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Very huge...Thank you.

Explain to me Casey how huge this is. Will this create more clientel?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Well Dane, without discrediting any of the other work I have other done or any other shots that I have ever gotten published. A full page in a magazine sells to an advertiser for anywhere from 500 to 2000 dollars. The photo itself is my advertisement and they selected it based on the content and the quality amongst what has to be thousands of submissions. This is a full page with an insert, so think of it as two advertisements one that takes an entire page and then another where some of the space on that page is subletted without doing a disservice to the full page.

This is incredible Casey!

An excellent addition to your portfolio and list of published works!

Absolutely, and tear sheets are the undisputable evidence of accomplishment in the photography world. Thank you.

Dane, it will be great for a host of reasons.

First, it goes into a photographer's clip portfolio.

Two, it becomes part of the resume when a prospective client asks about published works.

Three, it gives the photographer street cred.

Four, from a psychological standpoint, people will put Casey into a category that differs from, say, a guy with the same camera (who is very good) -- but who has not been published.

Five, Casey can charge more for his work each time he gets published in a magazine like this.

Six, higher-end clients will seek Casey out, which results in more of number five.

That's my take, at least.

That is pretty much it in a nutshell.... The only thing I would potentially add to this list is that it also increases the quality of models that want to work with me instantly, and it sends a clear message to other magazines that this guy produces great shots in great locations that are properly lit and visually appealing.

Wondering who you dealt with there? My friend Jonathan has worked at IRON MAN forever. He's a Bimmer fanatic, long time instructor, club racer, and one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

Funny coincidence here. Maybe you already know him though?

Great shooting and eye, Casey. Was hoping for a portrait of myself on a staircase, although I don't think my body (and gender?) would be satisfactory content.

Cheers,

Terry

I have the information in email, but I work very hard to network myself and establish contacts in the industry. I hate to be that guy, but the road is one that is hard traveled so releasing contact names just makes things easier for the next guy trying to bump my future shots out of print.

Let's call it proprietary information...

Thanks again everyone, its a pretty exciting week for C Withers Media. Major publication (here), Minor publication (European Car), Major Publication in a segment market (American Cake Decorator), Official on site photographer at the San Diego charity Confections for a Cause Cake show (2nd largest cake show on the west coast), and my art gallery opened for a 2 month run locally yesterday.

az3579
03-07-2011, 10:52 AM
I'm proud of you! Congrats!

Sent from my DROIDX

danewilson77
03-07-2011, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the explanation Casey.

tripod06
03-08-2011, 08:59 AM
Brilliant work Casey. all photographers should aspire to be like you!

C Withers Media
03-08-2011, 09:01 AM
Brilliant work Casey. all photographers should aspire to be like you!

I think that is a bit overstated, but thank you.

Marcus-SanDiego
03-08-2011, 09:03 AM
I think that is spot on. Thank you.

Fixed that for you, CW.

danewilson77
03-08-2011, 09:48 AM
You are absolutely correct. I am de sheeeeeeeeet

Fix'd again.

Marcus-SanDiego
03-08-2011, 10:04 AM
I think we're both wrong. Casey is too humble for either of ours.

Mike V
03-08-2011, 10:05 AM
Wow, that must feel amazing especially since your work was chosen amongst many other submissions!