PDA

View Full Version : M-Tech II BMW E46 front bumper removal (sedan) - tips? DIY instructions?

Terry
03-07-2011, 02:06 PM
Hey folks,

Removing my bumper as we speak to have a friend sand and re-paint. I must say I'm at a point where I'm not able to remove the thing any further.

I was able to remove the foglights, there are a couple of phillips screws inside my fender well which were easy to access (I imagine only one needed to be removed here). Now I'm at a point where I'm just not sure what to do next. Really trying to restore the front end of the car and the last thing I want to do is rip anything. Does it really just press on? Do I yank it off? LOL.

Cannot find any instructions on this specific bumper. Just standard E46 bumpers and the M3s..

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Terry
03 330i

danewilson77
03-07-2011, 02:18 PM
I believe if you pull the trim pieces off there are some bolts securing. Also there are some brackets from underneath.

http://www.e46fanatics.com/howto/howtodetail.php?howto_id=41

ZSP-Mafia
03-07-2011, 02:42 PM
I pm'ed you my #, gimme a call if you get stuck.

Terry
03-07-2011, 06:42 PM
Thanks guys. So it ended up being a bit different from all the bumper removal instructions I found on the net. I think this is because of the m3 cooling system, and under panels / shrouds that the car had installed during the engine installation.

Upon removing the bumper and looking more closely it appears mine will not be able to be repaired (by sanding). Therefore I have a new one on order. Anybody want an Imola Red M-Tech 2 front bumper? Has some spider webbing / paint cracks and some scraps on the chin.

Terry

ZSP-Mafia
03-07-2011, 06:58 PM
At the rate I go thru bumpers, I'll probably need one within the next few months. :)

Marcus-SanDiego
03-07-2011, 06:59 PM
Laughing at Jim because I know this is true!