PDA

View Full Version : (Sold) 2008 BMW e90 335xi 6MT - $14.5K

BCS_ZHP
04-04-2015, 06:10 AM
2008 BMW e90 335xi sedan
- Montego blue, black leather
- 6 spd manual
- every option package (sport, cold weather, comfort access, premium, nav, sat radio) except PDC, I have the window sticker, this car listed for $50K when new

This car had 50K miles on it in Nov 2012, then was bought by a traveling salesman who put 40K miles on it in 10 months. The next owner was a fellow BMW enthusiast friend who bought it to commute from DC to Pittsburgh weekly during the winter of 2013/2014, he added 15K miles in 6 months of ownership. My son and I bought it in March 2014 with 105k miles, it now sits at just over 120K miles.

It does have a fairly good service history but some of the actual receipts are unavailable, the previous owner pieced together the car's history by calling the servicing dealerships. The HPFP issue has been fixed, the walnut blasting of the intake manifold was completed, OFHG replaced, fuel injectors replaced, and xenon headlights replaced. Maintenance we've performed in the past year includes:
- new slotted/drilled rotors, ceramic pads, SS lines, and new fluid, calipers painted gloss black (105K, thanks Ray)
- new belt, tensioner, and idler (105K)
- new water pump & thermostat (107K, an expensive biatch to change)
- differentials & tranny fluids replaced (107K)
- oil changes every 5K miles over the last year
- muffler delete, replaced with custom axle back and burnished blue tips (109K; have stock mufflers & tips to revert back to stock if desired)
- black wheel studs installed (110K)
- Cobb Access Port installed (116K) - SOLD
- new spark plugs (118K)

Mods I can recall are listed:
- BMS CAI (have the stock airbox)
- Cobb Access Port (bumps the HP up by 20-25%) - removed & SOLD separately, returned back to stock tune
- 19" VMR 710s, black with Continental DWS tires and extended mysti-chrome lugnuts, new BMW center caps; front tires replaced last August 2014, rears need to be replaced soon
- stock 18" wheels have Michelin Alpin 4 winter tires, good tread remaining, were installed from Thanksgiving until last night (4/3/15)
- exterior window trim swapped to shadowline black
- kidney grilles swapped to shadowline black
- steering wheel swapped to a new M3 leather tri-stitch
- interior trim swapped to brushed aluminum
- smoked side marker lamps
- LED foglights & rear license plate light
- windows tinted

My son bought a set of catless SS downpipes as a Xmas present to himself but never installed them due to emissions testing required in VA (these sold 2 nights ago). I bought a spare set of used factory turbos with under 40K miles from a fellow enthusiast who upgraded to Dinan. The stock turbos on the car are perfectly fine, just did it in case we might ever need them. These parts will be included with the car at full asking price.

I'll get pics to post up later when my son gets home from work. The car is extensively clean inside and out, its condition is quite impressive. I believe the rear bumper has been resprayed due to parking lot scratches, I could not find any paint work to body panels from any accidents, the CarFax shows no accidents.

This car runs great, shifting is firm, clutch feels great, suspension is tight. Reason for selling, my son wants to get out of BMWs and go to American V8 muscle. I've tried to talk him out of that idea but some life lessons are best experienced first hand, and so he will learn.

Asking $13.5K which will include the extra turbos and stock parts (wheels w/ winter tires, mufflers, tips, air box, marker lights). Its easiest to hit me up via cell/text as I'm an old dinosaur without email on my phone.

THIS CAR HAS BEEN SOLD, PLEASE CLOSE THE THREAD.

Bruce

az3579
04-04-2015, 04:39 PM
I've seen the car a couple of times. It is a very clean car.

BCS_ZHP
04-04-2015, 05:56 PM
Believe my son has interested buyers for the Cobb & VMR wheels, if these come to fruition then the ad will be updated and price will be adjusted downward accordingly. He's hot to trot for a supercharged Cobra, he has little-to-no patience, wondering how/why my parenting isn't working right now.

az3579
04-04-2015, 06:17 PM
He's hot to trot for a supercharged Cobra, he has little-to-no patience, wondering how/why my parenting isn't working right now.

:facepalm

He'll get tired of fixing it, even moreso than the BMW...

prowlerflyer
04-05-2015, 11:02 AM
Yea, the siren song of big HP. These FI Mustangs brutal at all levels; ride, handling, build quality, and acceleration, but make silly big HP numbers pretty easy. The motors are basically pretty stout below the 800HP level, above that he'll have to get the internals done.

MackDiva
04-05-2015, 04:33 PM
pics of the 335?

BCS_ZHP
04-06-2015, 06:50 AM
MackDiva,
If you'll text your email or cell number to my number below, will try to get some pics to you later today. When I posted this on Saturday, forgot it was Easter Sunday and we had plans with my wife's family all day yesterday.

Bruce
703-two-three-two-8535 (cell)

BCS_ZHP
04-06-2015, 05:05 PM
Getting home too late from work for some daylight pics, here are some existing ones pulled off of my cell phone:

BCS_ZHP
04-06-2015, 05:07 PM

BCS_ZHP
04-06-2015, 05:08 PM

ELCID86
04-06-2015, 05:14 PM
I know the mechanic and trust him implicitly. GLWS.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

danewilson77
04-07-2015, 02:35 AM
:drool

The friendliest forum on the planet.

cakM3
04-07-2015, 03:11 AM
Bruce, the Cobra is an interesting car in it's own right but doesn't drive like a BMW drives... different cars. Preston should have some fun with this car though...

I think in the long run you're right, Preston might realize this might not be the car he wants for the long run but I may be wrong ;) Best of luck my friend!!!

BCS_ZHP
04-07-2015, 05:26 AM
Charlie, Preston's plan right now is to buy his brother's half of the 330xi (I'll retain the other half ownership of that car) and drive that as his DD, he wants the Cobra as his fun/weekend car. However, he's still in college, working part time, planning to finance a large part of this Cobra, and I think he's just going to realize the hard way that ownership/maintenance of 2 cars at his income level isn't easy or cheap.

cakM3
04-07-2015, 05:35 AM
Charlie, Preston's plan right now is to buy his brother's half of the 330xi (I'll retain the other half ownership of that car) and drive that as his DD, he wants the Cobra as his fun/weekend car. However, he's still in college, working part time, planning to finance a large part of this Cobra, and I think he's just going to realize the hard way that ownership/maintenance of 2 cars at his income level isn't easy or cheap.

agreed...

az3579
04-07-2015, 07:48 AM

I made more than he does when I was employed and STILL could barely afford to maintain my only car, the ZHP.

If he has no other bills then maybe it's doable, but this is a slippery slope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCS_ZHP
04-09-2015, 05:37 PM
Price adjustment - the downpipes and Cobb have been sold -- now $13,500.

BCS_ZHP
04-26-2015, 06:11 PM
Mods, pls close this thread, the car sold today.

Preston bought Brett's half of the 330xi today so both boys still have half ownership in BMWs. But I fear the 03/04 Cobra hunt has just been unleashed, he's determined to learn the tough way.