PDA

View Full Version : BMW CCA - National Capital Chapter - Driving Schools Friday, Oct 16 — Sunday, Oct 18, 2015 Summit Point Raceway - Shenandoah, Summit Point, WV

ELCID86
04-27-2015, 05:10 PM
Daniel and I have this on the watch list. Anyone else interested?

http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/ncc-october-2015-summit-point-shenandoah-hpde-raceway-bmw-cca-national-543450?utm_source=apis&utm_medium=apim&utm_campaign=apic&utm_content=json#.VT7dhyHBzRY

Vas
04-27-2015, 05:17 PM
Hmm. Not sure if I can do both days.

ELCID86
04-27-2015, 05:19 PM
I'd probably just do Saturday.

Vas
04-27-2015, 05:21 PM
Yeah same here.

brettbimmer
04-27-2015, 07:39 PM
My favorite circuit at Summit Point. Really fun if you like the twisties...and the Nurburgring karussell replica.

Gents, may I suggest going for both days if at all possible. I know that the additional cost is a factor, but generally speaking you are able to advance your driving skills and track knowledge far more with attending both days and not trying to cram it all into one day. The overnight break is great to relax and catch up with your fellow drivers as well as review all of your notes and write down areas that need improvement. I keep all my notes in a big HPDE notebook that goes with me to the track which I have found quite helpful. Also, you may want to reach out to Audi0000 as he is now an instructor for many of the BMWCCA events and may have additional insight.

az3579
04-27-2015, 07:58 PM
I'm going to be trying for Palmer Motorsports Park in MA in October, so won't have anything left in the budget for this. :(
Maybe I'll change my mind and go to this instead... though there is something to be said to not have to get a hotel for the MA track!

NoVAphotog
04-27-2015, 08:57 PM
I'm going to be trying for Palmer Motorsports Park in MA in October, so won't have anything left in the budget for this. :(
Maybe I'll change my mind and go to this instead... though there is something to be said to not have to get a hotel for the MA track!

I mean...you wouldn't have to get a hotel for this one either...a little less than an hour from my house. :thumbsup

az3579
04-28-2015, 03:41 AM
I mean...you wouldn't have to get a hotel for this one either...a little less than an hour from my house. :thumbsup
Stop twisting my arm! [emoji1]

ELCID86
04-28-2015, 05:56 PM
My favorite circuit at Summit Point. Really fun if you like the twisties...and the Nurburgring karussell replica.

Gents, may I suggest going for both days if at all possible. I know that the additional cost is a factor, but generally speaking you are able to advance your driving skills and track knowledge far more with attending both days and not trying to cram it all into one day. The overnight break is great to relax and catch up with your fellow drivers as well as review all of your notes and write down areas that need improvement. I keep all my notes in a big HPDE notebook that goes with me to the track which I have found quite helpful. Also, you may want to reach out to Audi0000 as he is now an instructor for many of the BMWCCA events and may have additional insight.

Summit Vs. VIR?

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

brettbimmer
04-28-2015, 06:42 PM
Summit Vs. VIR?

Tough call. I absolutely LOVE VIR and when running the full course setup, it is a fast track with lots of safe runoff space. Shenandoah circuit at SP is a lot tighter and doesn't offer the straights for max speed, but it's a lot of fun nonetheless. Not quite as much runoff, but speeds aren't as high. If I had to pick one for my final driving experience, it would be VIR, however it's usually more costly when factoring in additional travel time to and from, and extra lodging for another night. Regardless of what HPDE event, it's best to consider HPDE track insurance.

ELCID86
04-29-2015, 12:02 PM
Thanks Brett!