PDA

View Full Version : License Plate Lense

LobsterTail
05-08-2015, 06:47 PM
Not sure if this is in the right section (it has to do with lighting :)). Anyway I order OEM BMW License Plate lenses.....an hour later I still can't get them on.

This is really sad. I watched videos of people installing them and I copied and did it the same way and they still won't clip in!! I tried both ways just in case I was doing it wrong!!!!

I am pretty sure I will have to replace the Trunk Molding that holds the painted molding and license plate lights.

BADCLOWN
05-09-2015, 11:33 AM
I always had issues with this as well, even at times breaking the tabs on the lenses themselves trying to get them in. It just takes some finesse and lining stuff up

Ssparrow
05-09-2015, 02:06 PM
Did the exact same thing a few weeks ago. Noticed one of my bulbs was out, replaced the bulb and couldn't get the dam lense back on. Ended up breaking one of the tabs. Which reminds me I need to order some new lenses here soon...

LobsterTail
06-08-2015, 07:02 AM
Ended up replacing the whole License Plate Truck Lid. Got it repainted as well. Good as new :)

ELCID86
06-08-2015, 08:52 AM
I think is all one piece (part number). I need to replace mine as its corroded.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

danewilson77
07-21-2015, 01:53 PM
Did the exact same thing a few weeks ago. Noticed one of my bulbs was out, replaced the bulb and couldn't get the dam lense back on. Ended up breaking one of the tabs. Which reminds me I need to order some new lenses here soon...
Lenses are NOT available, correct?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Ssparrow
07-21-2015, 01:55 PM
Lenses are NOT available, correct?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I actually did find lens on Amazon. I believe ecs has them as well if I remember correctly