PDA

View Full Version : Window regulator

prowlerflyer
05-15-2015, 05:37 AM
My search for door panel removal and lubrication for the regulator and window channels has proved fruitless. Anyone have anything on this. Just planning on using white lithium grease.

Nothing failing yet but just being preventative before being "stored" with family.

prowlerflyer
05-15-2015, 07:32 AM
Naturally as soon as I post this I found a DIY with door panel removal...

Any recommendations on lube other than white lithium?

ELCID86
05-15-2015, 01:02 PM
That's what I'd go with.

spoonerDee
06-25-2015, 04:12 AM
Indeed. White lithium grease fixes everything. Have a squeak, no problem, need to make a hinge smoother, you got it, hand chopped off, no sweat. Fixes everything.

Johnmadd
06-25-2015, 10:03 AM
Indeed. White lithium grease fixes everything. Have a squeak, no problem, need to make a hinge smoother, you got it, hand chopped off, no sweat. Fixes everything.

:rofl

mauro23
06-29-2015, 01:30 AM
My search for door panel removal and lubrication for the regulator and window channels has proved fruitless. Anyone have anything on this. Just planning on using white lithium grease.

Nothing failing yet but just being preventative before being "stored" with family.

Check that video to remove the door panel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YEO1qInZos

Regarding the lubrication, lithium grease is great, but my opinion is that it's too "liquid" and won't stay that long efficient.
Perhaps grease like the one used for bearings are a better option. I used that one in my previous car, 3 years after it was still in place.

Cheers.