PDA

View Full Version : Hardwiring Valentine V1 WITHOUT V1 hardwire kit

bshovers
05-15-2015, 01:06 PM
I bought a BNIB Valentine v1 radar detector. Unfortunately it didn't come with the hard wire kit. So I bought this one off amazon. The directions in the package say to use the fuse box. It came with two vamp clips. I was hoping to just hardwire it into the green (w/ blue stripe) wire that sits ticked off to the right side under the map light. http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/15/a4c45cb410d46e416ec78d43419fdfe1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karl Lazlo
05-15-2015, 05:47 PM
I vamp wired my V1 to the Homelink transmitter. Switched power is good for the soul.

derbo
05-15-2015, 08:20 PM
I vamp wired my V1 to the Homelink transmitter. Switched power is good for the soul.

This what most people will do, but the recommended solution is to go with a switched fuse in the box in the glovebox.

bshovers
05-16-2015, 05:40 AM
This what most people will do, but the recommended solution is to go with a switched fuse in the box in the glovebox.

Yeah I'm making this a lot hard than it has to be lol. I went to auto zone and got an add a fuse kit but it wasn't the right size. I have a vamp clip currently clip to the home link green wire with the blue stripe. Im just going to bite the bullet and find a v1 kit. I can't return the amazon kit because I cut the end of one of the wires lol.