PDA

View Full Version : Dinan vs. Shark?

johnrando
03-10-2011, 01:54 PM
I think I'm on information overload. I've read far too much on both of these so I need some mafia help. I'm considering Dinan software (or AA for that matter but 20% off Dinan counts) vs. Shark Injector - and cost is a factor. Not looking for blow-out performance, just a little more oomph and butt-dyno feel. Which do you recommend, considering cost of installation, ease of maintaining (which I gather is minimum), etc? John

kayger12
03-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Simply based on the fact that Jim Conforti readily took DW's DME and solved his install issue, I would personally go with the Shark.

People like that get my business every time.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.

danewilson77
03-10-2011, 02:25 PM
Would one need both to say one is better than the other?

For...I liked the Shark...because...

Price.
Ease of install..if done properly.
You can revert back if needed.
Car has more pep and is smoother through 3500 to 4500 rpms.

It met all of my expectations.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

johnrando
03-10-2011, 02:34 PM
Dane, good points. I'm thinking that some people have had enough discussions, been around both, and are educated about both to have formed an educated opinion. Keith, customer service certainly counts for a lot, so that's something to consider.

danewilson77
03-10-2011, 02:41 PM
Dane, good points. I'm thinking that some people have had enough discussions, been around both, and are educated about both to have formed an educated opinion. Keith, customer service certainly counts for a lot, so that's something to consider.

+1...got it

L0veZHP
03-10-2011, 02:41 PM
get Shark its been proven to be better.

Cadeez
03-10-2011, 02:47 PM
I have the Dinan Stage 1 tune, don't have anything necessarily "bad" to say about it, but I also don't have anything to compare it to. Had it been more than $300 installed I may say it's not worth it, but the car drives beautifully and there is a little gain in throttle response/driveability in general...but nothing drastic. Check the below thread for more of my opinion on it.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?639-Dinan-20-Off-Sale-on-all-Performance-Software/page2

pyreguy
03-15-2011, 02:29 PM
Shark FTW

Jon D
03-15-2011, 04:13 PM
Have you done any other mods? Active Autowerke tune is set based on what you have done to your setup. That means they can fine tune the tune. All I can say I am thrilled with what it did for mine.

pyreguy
03-15-2011, 04:46 PM
I think thats the company by autobahn south recommend first, but they said something about not wanting to fool with my particular ecu. I had a certain version they didn't support. I will find out for certain though.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

johnrando
03-15-2011, 07:24 PM
So maybe my post should have been titled AA vs. Shark. Generally it seems people favor those over Dinan. John

ZHP-FTW
03-15-2011, 08:45 PM
Yeah, I like AA a lot, they too have very good customer service and products. But at the end of the day, it comes down to personal preference and what you want.