PDA

View Full Version : First BMW Purchase Devon Hill PA -- Review

johnnyrad
03-10-2011, 05:11 PM
Stalked this orient blue 330 ci on the web from Devon Hill BMW in Devon PA back in 2006. Stalked that baby for 2 weeks. I stared at the screen every night and my wife knew I had a real problem. I said yea but look at it! Will ya! So one Sat we loaded up our two little kiddies in the pathfinder and drove the 60 min to the dealer.

We walked in, past the car on the showroom floor, met a sales rep, shock his hand and I sat down. Meanwhile the wife was rustling with our two young kids telling them don't touch this and that and I was focused on one thing..that shiny bright light and my wife's voice was like the teacher in the Peanuts cartoons..I told the guy I want to make a deal today (looking back, probably the wrong thing to say) but hey I knew I was buying it. The car was certified pre-owned and the price reflected it. They asked $32k..how I convinced my wife "yea honey we got the payments no problem" I'll never know. I got him down $1k and they offered 2.9% financing. I sat there like an dope and said if you can do 1.9 I'll buy it..haha no clue no plan didn't run the numbers just basically told the guy ya got me without actually saying it. Never test drove it, never got in it..And all this was done within less then 10 minutes.

To this day my wife has no idea what actually happened that Saturday afternoon. Talk about showing your hand..yea so 2 years later the payments started to catch up and it had to go, because I basically financed the entire purchase price. And I tell people about that car a lot. How when driving it the car was like Christine. It knew what to do before you did..and that's hard to explain, but once you experience it you never want to let it go.

danewilson77
03-10-2011, 05:24 PM
Great story.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

kayger12
03-10-2011, 05:26 PM
I am always impressed by someone who can out-impulse-buy me.

In the land of the unassertive, the aggressive man is King!!

E1022
03-10-2011, 05:39 PM
Got my first BMW ('04 325ci) from Devon Hill in early 2007. One of the smartest moves I ever made. I did the unthinkable and traded it in for a ridiculous SUV last August. One of the dumbest moves I ever made. Dumped the SUV for the ZHP in January. Happiest Man Alive!

johnnyrad
03-10-2011, 07:01 PM
Got my first BMW ('04 325ci) from Devon Hill in early 2007. One of the smartest moves I ever made. I did the unthinkable and traded it in for a ridiculous SUV last August. One of the dumbest moves I ever made. Dumped the SUV for the ZHP in January. Happiest Man Alive!

I loved Devon Hill. Really was treated well there. Of course I was a dealer's dream super impulse purchaser.

E1022
03-10-2011, 07:12 PM
I always had good experience at Devon Hill from the purchase to the service. I don't blame anyone for being impulsive about car buying...IF its exactly the car you want. I've been burned by trying to get a lower price and ended up not getting the car in the end. If it's a fair price, the money you'll save by negotiating will be very minimal compared with the total cost of ownership IMO.

johnnyrad
03-10-2011, 07:18 PM
I will say this, that drive home up the PA turnpike (which of course is modeled after the Autobahn funny enough) was pure freakin bliss. That machine felt happier then me on the open highway. God was that awesome. That was the first time I drove a bmw, and I will never forget that. Love at first ride.