PDA

View Full Version : CD Player on the Fritz

markmiller.xu
06-24-2015, 11:03 AM
I have a stock head unit on my '04 ZHP that is constantly trying to eject a CD. However, there is no CD in the unit from what I can tell. It has been doing this since I purchased the vehicle. I did notice on the dealer's work order that there were some electrical issues with the unit that was in there and that they replaced the head unit. I purchased it from an Audi dealership. I have tried the following:

- Put a CD in there and really jam it in there. This doesn't work. It just spits it right out.
- Disconnect the battery. Didn't work.

I'm at a loss. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. My ideas at the moment are limited to the following:

1.) Punch it because it's so annoying.
2.) Kick it because it's so annoying. I imagine getting my leg up there to kick it will be difficult and since I'm getting older I might hurt myself.
3.) Head butt it (same problem as #2)
4.) Hope someone here has a better idea for fixing this issue.

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide!

Oli77
06-24-2015, 02:42 PM
If I were you, I would take the head unit out of the car and open it. There may be something in there that is causing this constant eject mode.

KevinC
06-24-2015, 06:20 PM
Buy replacement unit off Ebay, they're cheap and plentiful. Be sure it's a 2004+ model - MP3 compatibility didn't start till sometime in the '04 model year (beginning?).

az3579
06-25-2015, 07:06 AM
Buy replacement unit off Ebay, they're cheap and plentiful. Be sure it's a 2004+ model - MP3 compatibility didn't start till sometime in the '04 model year (beginning?).

The head unit was already replaced.