PDA

View Full Version : Remus Responder

Dtownwolfpack
07-05-2015, 05:50 PM
Hi guys,
Just installed the Remus responder this weekend and I must say, it's like a totally different car, specially when you set it to the highest setting to sport plus and full gain. It's absolutely unbelievable, and it feels like my car is totally brand new again. Even though I just rolled 192,000 miles. :). This is the way this car should have been from the beginning, I feel like my car can do 0-60 in 5.6 seconds again. lol. I'm probably going to need new tires before the summer is out.

Not sure if anyone else has installed this on their ZHP but I just wanted to share my experience with this.

Thanks guys!

Dtownwolfpack

johnrando
07-06-2015, 07:31 AM
Cool. Is that like the Sprint Booster or Pedal Box?

az3579
07-06-2015, 08:01 AM

Looks like it. The difference is this seems to emulate the newer cars more than the other two do since this one has an Eco mode in addition to the more aggressive modes.

Dtownwolfpack
07-06-2015, 08:51 AM

I believe it is but it's more..shall we say, programmable, more settings. I actually had to dial it down this morning from the highest setting, it was just waay too much. I have it on sport plus only now. I didn't try this over the weekend but this morning i was on the freeway and the pickup while you're in 6 gear between 2500-3500 rpm is amazingly quick, i was going from 77 to 85 within a split second. The car is definitely more fun to drive now.

BTW, sorry guys i haven't posted any pictures yet but i will soon. Just have to figure out how. :)

Thanks!

Dtownwolfpack

wsmeyer
07-06-2015, 02:24 PM
Looks identical to a PedalBox, which has the green eco mode as well that I use in the wife's X5

ELCID86
07-06-2015, 02:33 PM
Looks identical to a PedalBox, which has the green eco mode as well that I use in the wife's X5

+1. Rebranded? Where'd you buy it?

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

Dtownwolfpack
07-06-2015, 03:28 PM
+1. Rebranded? Where'd you buy it?

I bought it at Bavauto. Sorry, I'm new so I've never heard of pedal box. From what I gather it should work for all newer bmw with the electronic throttle. Have to test it on my wife's x5.

Dtownwolfpack

ELCID86
07-06-2015, 04:01 PM
I bought it at Bavauto. Sorry, I'm new so I've never heard of pedal box. From what I gather it should work for all newer bmw with the electronic throttle. Have to test it on my wife's x5.

Dtownwolfpack

I didn't know they had them. Good find I think. My PB has certainly livened up my old red beater.