PDA

View Full Version : Xenon bulb flickering

munroe7
07-09-2015, 06:30 PM
Hey guys my passenger xenon has been flickering and sometimes it changes color. I took it out to check it and I think it may be dead but I'm not sure. I have a pic of the bulb attached. 2068220683

yura
07-09-2015, 07:55 PM
If it starts going pink, it's on its last breath. Start shopping for a replacement, and I'd suggest replacing both sides at the same time.

brettbimmer
07-10-2015, 06:06 PM
If it starts going pink, it's on its last breath. Start shopping for a replacement, and I'd suggest replacing both sides at the same time.

+1. I was able to find some really inexpensive OEM Sylvania OSRAM bulbs on ebay and swapped both bulbs at the same time for peace of mind. In looking at the flare on your driver's side, it looks like you may have some burnt bowl brown reducing the light projection, though it may just be the angle and how the camera picked up the light. Have you ever done any bowl work (if your car has ZKW lights)? Depends a bit on mileage, but as the miles start creeping up the burnt bowls can get pretty bad and really reduce the light output substantially.

Santacruzslick
10-11-2015, 10:41 PM
Bulb definitely looks like it has seen better days. I had some similar issues with my lights recently. For a few days one of my lights would flicker on and off then it just finally died. Bought new bulbs and it didn't do anything. Started swapping parts back and forth and found the control module mounted to the underside of the headlight had gone bad. I've been using hid kits and bulbs from DDM Tuning for 10 years and have never had a single one fail on me. Their prices are low and the warranty is great(although I've never needed it). I highly recommend them for HID's. Hopefully it is just the bulb for you as the control module cost me $230(that's cost, list is over $400).