PDA

View Full Version : For Sale (SOLD): 2003 BMW 330i ZHP. NO JOB .MUST SELL. PLEASE HELP $14,000

mpdamato
03-11-2011, 08:28 AM
Hi Everyone. Thanks for taking a look...

I am out of work and need to sell it fast, but don't want to be foolish.

History:

I bought the car from a dealer in Florida in Jan 2009 with 68k miles. It had a clean carfax and has not been in any accidents while I have had it either. Apparently it had two previous owners including what looks like a commercial lease. I kept it in quiet Queen Village Philadelphia for about a year then to a garage in Chinatown for this past year. My driving is a mix of city and highway. I like to have fun with it but never abuse! I also have a 5 year old daughter, so that keeps me driving responsibly. 90k miles now.

Work done:

It was still under warranty when I got it, so I complained to BMW of the Main Line until they replaced every warranty part possible. Including:

Driveshaft and Guibo
Entire differential and support mounts
steering rack
Xenon assemblies

Also I got other non-warranty work done at VAC Motorsports:
Cooling system (expansion tank, thermo, hoses, pulleys, pump)
Oil Separator / Intake breather
control arm bushings

They also did regular synthetic oil changes every 5-7k miles.

The Drive:

It is incredibly smooth and nimble. The engine is strong, and sounds great. I have no complaints, and it is such a pleasure to drive.

Recent issues:

Although I had the Guibo replaced last year at BMW, it is shot again. I suppose a defective part. Fortunately their work is under 2-year warranty so it will be fixed for free. I also got a flat in right rear tire and need to replace tire. Fortunately again, Tire-rack insurance will cover $108 toward the replacement cost. (GY Eagle F1)

I though in my previous posts/listings that it needed a clutch, but I was wrong...it was the guibo. Silly me!

If you are interested, please let me know. I need to sell it asap, so come look and make it yours!

All the best,
Michael

Marcus-SanDiego
03-11-2011, 08:37 AM
Michael, car looks good.

Good luck with the sale, sir!

billschusteriv
03-11-2011, 08:51 AM
Hi Michael! Very nice car!

Unfortunately, I'm not really in the market ATM and the wife can't drive a MT.

There are a number of guys here on the forum that are looking - GLWS!

Marcus-SanDiego
03-11-2011, 09:16 AM
Exactly. Lots of guys looking. Additionally, lots of non members constantly find our site through Google. You will get some hits on this thread.

Good luck.

mpdamato
03-11-2011, 09:47 AM
Exactly. Lots of guys looking. Additionally, lots of non members constantly find our site through Google. You will get some hits on this thread.

Good luck.

Thanks a lot! Much appreciated.

Marcus-SanDiego
03-11-2011, 09:49 AM
No problem, sir. I saw who referred you to this site. You're a friend of the ZHP Mafia.

mpdamato
03-11-2011, 10:01 AM
Nice to be part of the family! ZHP Cosa Nostra! :-)

danewilson77
03-11-2011, 10:09 AM
Mike...welcome to the Mafia. GLWS.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

mpdamato
03-15-2011, 06:03 PM
Just an update..I replaced the Giubo and center support bearing. I also replaced the tire and will be getting it inspected this week. It is now in perfect working order.

Basically, I bought the car for $16.7k in 2009 and did $10k worth of work while in my possession! EMAIL or PM ME and I will send you all the records for your review.

Marcus-SanDiego
03-21-2011, 06:09 AM
Sold. Congrats, Michael.

billschusteriv
03-21-2011, 06:33 AM
Hope either one of our members picked this up or that we're about to get some new blood!

Marcus-SanDiego
03-21-2011, 06:40 AM
Not sure. I do know that he sold it for $15,000. I'm guessing it happened away from the forums, where the asking price was $14,000.

Mike V
03-21-2011, 03:42 PM
Not sure. I do know that he sold it for $15,000. I'm guessing it happened away from the forums, where the asking price was $14,000.

Makes sense. I had a similar experience when selling the wife's Mazdaspeed3. I had it up for $13,300 on local forums and finally gave up. As I was listing it on cars.com for the same price, the site informed me that the next cheapest MS3 in the area was $15,000. I bumped the price to $14,400 and sold it for that full asking price 4 days later.

In the future, I'll be posting on cars.com and/or autotrader first. I wish I had caught on to that before selling my M3. I sold that car for stupid cheap, thinking the market on the forums would be similar to the car-selling sites.

Marcus-SanDiego
03-21-2011, 03:47 PM
Mike, good suggestion. The forum participants seem to knock the prices down a lot more.