PDA

View Full Version : Technomans 2004 Sibergrau 6MT Sedan Project Page

Technoman
08-04-2015, 05:11 PM
Not much to see here yet but some pictures of the car pretty much as I received it. I have compiled a list of projects below that I will be undertaking in the next few weeks/months below.

HID Retrofit kit to resolve the burnt ZKW bowls issue. Light output is currently pathetic, purchased the kit from TRS.
CF front splitters. Just picked up the good OEM copy set that was listed here. I'm not personally a fan of the Clubsport style on the car now, though they do look much better color matched.
Replace broken fog light. May go with projector style.
Upgrade DRL to LED bulb or add quality Halo's, havent decided yet.
Coolant system overhaul as I have no records of this being done.
Add front inner fender that connects to bumper as this is missing.
Install passenger side head airbag as unfortunately some thoughtful PO cut the current one out of the car. I have yet to check that all others are there but the airbag I need is ordered and I will fix any and all airbag issues.
Coby wheels Alcantara wheel upgrade. I believe the one in the car is an M3 wheel as it is all leather. Will also switch armrest, shift boot and knob to Alcantara.
Replace hood. Its hard to see, but there is a very minor crease in the current one that can not reasonably be removed (its over a reinforced area). I am looking for an original Silbergrau hood in as close to perfect condition as possible.
Add BMW Performance Glossschwarz front kidneys.
Detail paint, claybar and correction as needed.
Restore all bumper and door trim.
Refinish Wheels after I pick up a second set of either Style 269's or CSL reps.
Figure out why my bluetooth is not working, seems everything is there.
Go through suspension and replace any bushings as needed. Normally I would talk about upgrading struts etc but the car feels just perfect the way it is.
A long list of other preventative items as I have time and funds..

Here is where I am starting from..

Cheers, AJ....

danewilson77
08-04-2015, 05:42 PM
Subscribed

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

cakM3
08-04-2015, 06:04 PM
Pics didn't come out AJ....can you retry posting again?

As for the Bluetooth....look at what revision ULF/TCU module you have. If you don't have the most current (13th gen - p/n 84109195455 ) then you will most likely have issues connecting the latest cell phones to them...

Also check to see if you have the following, if not then you can order them by these part numbers :thumbsup

- Bluetooth Antenna 84 50 6 928 461
- Bluetooth Antenna Mounting Bracket 84 13 6 912 160
- Microphone 84 31 6 938 762

Hope this helps :thumbsup

Technoman
08-04-2015, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the BT information, much appreciated.

I tested the image links, I am not seeing an issue, can anyone else confirm they are or are not working?

BMWCurves
08-04-2015, 07:56 PM
Subbed. Welcome aboard!

Thanks for the BT information, much appreciated.

I tested the image links, I am not seeing an issue, can anyone else confirm they are or are not working?

They don't work for me either.

Technoman
08-04-2015, 08:04 PM
OK, downloaded them and loaded them up as attachments, should be good now..

cakM3
08-05-2015, 04:07 AM
Pics work now AJ :thumbsup Didn't realize just how high the car sits on stock ride height.... car looks good though!

Technoman
08-05-2015, 07:54 AM
Pics work now AJ :thumbsup Didn't realize just how high the car sits on stock ride height.... car looks good though!

Awesome, not sure why the Google links I was using weren't working.

As for ride height, I am surprised how much more noticeable it is in pictures. This is probably not a car I am going to lower any though, for a DD I am very happy with the way the car handles and looks today. If I need to change suspension components anyway in the future I may do something with it then.

Jconlin16
08-05-2015, 08:51 PM
Subscribed

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

+1 Silbergrau ftw!

Whammy
08-06-2015, 04:06 PM
Welcome!

ELCID86
08-06-2015, 05:35 PM
Glad you joined us.

Technoman
08-10-2015, 03:32 PM
Completed the retrofit of the bi-xenon EVO-XR lights today from theretrofitsource.com. Kit quality appeared excellent and the user guide on this forum that TomTomTuning made was a great help - http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?10787-DIY-The-Retrofit-Source-(TRS)-Retro-Quick-System-Burnt-ZKW-Bowls-Projector-Retrofit-doityourself

Unfortunately I had an issue with my oem shrouds in that the silver was coming off them so I ended up painting them black with SEM trim paint. I'm not sure yet if I like the look. Anyway, off to aim them properly this evening, and will take some pics of light output and some of the lights themselves tomorrow. If anyone is also interested, I will snap a couple of the burnt ZKW's as well, they were pretty bad to say the least.

Side question, I see people fitting ZKW clear lenses a lot, are the ones I took off the car worth anything?

theothersawyer
08-10-2015, 03:54 PM
Car looks great! I need to do the TRS retrofit as well!

Technoman
08-10-2015, 05:44 PM
Car looks great! I need to do the TRS retrofit as well!

Hardest part is getting the lenses out of the housing, but once you get that out the rest is easy.

I was a little disappointed to find that the holes that TRS drilled into the frames for mounting are not perfectly level on one of them, so now my passenger side is not a nice straight horizontal cutoff, it slopes down from right to left. I will have to now modify the mounting hole to allow it to rotate around a little so I can get it back to square. Its fine for now though in all honesty, but I can't adjust them to get the maximum amount of center lighting the way they are.

ryankokesh
08-11-2015, 08:31 AM
Well hot damn... :drool

Technoman
08-11-2015, 07:19 PM
OK, here are a few pictures of the lights after the TRS retrofit. Still can't decide if I like the blacked out shroud look though it does match the black fogs that are on their currently. What I do like about it is that there is still a silver ring around the light as I didn't paint the reflector so it still shows as two headlights which I wanted. I have new lenses on order as mine were in worst shape than I realized.

In the future I want to add good angel eyes (any recommendations, seems everyone is either Khoalty of Orion V2's), I think that would help even out the look a little (or make it look awful, can't decide). I will probably order a pair of E46-r shrouds in case I want to go back at some point.

Here are a couple of pics of the burnt out bowls on the original ZKW's..

Absolutely awful, and it is criminal IMHO that BMW did not recall these lights. The output from these was almost zero..

BMWCurves
08-11-2015, 07:37 PM
I actually think the black looks good. Tossing some Angel Eyes on there wouldn't hurt either. I had Khoalty's and liked them but up close you could see the individual LEDs so if that bothers you I would look for the Orion V4's which have a lot more LEDs to help eliminate that issue.