PDA

View Full Version : happening this week, eonon ga5150 or Avant 2

Icebergap
08-23-2015, 12:09 PM
So, I have saved the money up and am ready to pull the trigger on a radio. As I'm sure alot of you have done as well, I have read and read and read review after review. Scoured forums here and on e46fanatics. I am leaning towards the eonon and the biggest reason is because I jist cannot see spending 800 dollars on a 10 year old car. Also, I know the eonon is buggy and needs some coaxing to get to work right. But from what I read the avant is the same way. So there again, I believe I will go with the eonon. Anyone got any ladt minute thoughts or recommendations?

BMWCurves
08-23-2015, 05:29 PM
330i Lover was looking at these over on his thread here: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?16459-Replacing-head-unit-possibly-all-speakers

He ended up getting the Avin Avant-2 and said he'd post a review after he's gotten it installed and used it a bit.

Icebergap
08-24-2015, 03:21 AM
Hey thanks for the link!

cakM3
08-24-2015, 05:03 PM
there's some good posts/comments going on here :thumbsup

Icebergap
08-25-2015, 06:02 AM
Ok, after careful consideration and long drawn out pondering. I have decided to go with the Avant 2. I feel it's a better machine and the customer support I'm confident will be superior. That left me with the price point (which was a big deal for a financially strapped man as myself), I messaged Tommy and he was able to work a package deal out for me, score! I just saved up some more money, didn't dip into my budget, just waited until I had some extra money come in. I will be ordering it today, I will update you guys on the install and again after a couple of weeks. I have appreciated everyone's thoughts and comments that I have read through in other threads. Thanks!

Icebergap
08-25-2015, 06:03 AM
Oh, and I will add that it is worth getting with Tommy before you order. He made me an awesome deal!

BMWCurves
08-25-2015, 07:58 AM
Sounds good. Like 330i Lover, you should post a review and pics once you have it installed and have used it for awhile. I'd be interested in any issues with iPhone connectivity, sound quality, any sort of lag, etc.

Also, what sort of deal did Tommy work out with you? Don't need price specifics, but 330i Lover got a rearview camera I think. Did you get the same thing?

Icebergap
08-26-2015, 03:12 AM
Sounds good. Like 330i Lover, you should post a review and pics once you have it installed and have used it for awhile. I'd be interested in any issues with iPhone connectivity, sound quality, any sort of lag, etc.

Also, what sort of deal did Tommy work out with you? Don't need price specifics, but 330i Lover got a rearview camera I think. Did you get the same thing?

I got a package that included front camera, rear camera, gps extension cable (since I had factory nav), screen protectors, external mic, and the Bluetooth TORQUE app adapter. I removed the front camera because I don't have any interest in it. But, it's on its way and I sure hope I made a good choice....

Icebergap
11-04-2015, 04:03 AM
Just to post an update. I've had the unit installed in my car for about a month, I'm loving it. It really woke up the sound quality in the car, this has got to be my favorite part. I am almost strictly a Bluetooth streamer and that's all I have done since I've had it. Haven't really played with anything else, but the Bluetooth streaming function works perfect.

BMWCurves
11-04-2015, 07:42 AM
Cool, thanks for the update! I have a few quick questions that I think might help others considering the Avant 2 head unit.

Does the user interface feel quick? Does it ever have lock up or have hang ups?
Did you install the rearview camera? Does it work well?
Do you use the head unit's GPS, just your phone, or neither?
Are there any other issues you've experienced?

Thanks!

ELCID86
11-11-2015, 06:47 PM
So where did you buy from? EBay, e46f, direct?

Thumbs, iPhone, TaT.