PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else not getting email notifications?

rkneeshaw
08-24-2015, 05:12 PM
Either to subscribed threads or PM's.

I've checked the obvious like my junk mail folders, nothing.

I received a PM this morning and there was a reply to a thread that I am subscribed to that is supposed to "instant"ly send email when there is a reply. Nothing.

In fact, I dont think I've every gotten an email from this board, other than the email verification email.

Anyone else have this issue?

cakM3
08-24-2015, 05:23 PM
I get notifications on my iPhone

johnrando
08-25-2015, 06:06 AM
Two things it could be: 1) hotmail addresses don't work. 2) check your settings as to how you are notified, there are options as to how often, what method, and how quickly you want them. Other than that, I wouldn't know why.

danewilson77
08-25-2015, 08:08 AM
Two things it could be: 1) hotmail addresses don't work. 2) check your settings as to how you are notified, there are options as to how often, what method, and how quickly you want them. Other than that, I wouldn't know why.
As well as Outlook.com.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

johnrando
08-25-2015, 08:32 AM
Ah, thanks.

rkneeshaw
08-25-2015, 06:53 PM
As well as Outlook.com.

Thats it, my email is hosted on outlook.com. Any idea why? They don't even get tagged as spam, they must be just dropping the emails entirely? Does the sending email address ever get a NDR?

danewilson77
08-26-2015, 02:31 AM
SERVINT will not work with Hotmail or Outlook.

rkneeshaw
08-26-2015, 06:08 PM
They must have a block of IP's blacklisted then by outlook/hotmail. Have you tried setting up SPF records for the zhpmafia.com domain? Are the IP addresses used by the mafia's servint hosting account static? If they are static then we can probably set a SPF record and then request that the IP(s) be unblocked.

danewilson77
08-27-2015, 02:47 AM
I'll look into it. Thanks.

rkneeshaw
08-28-2015, 05:47 PM
THanks, here are a couple links to help out if you are unfamiliar with SPF records and DNS:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sender_Policy_Framework
http://mxtoolbox.com/spf.aspx

And this wizard will help you create the records:
http://www.spfwizard.net/

The hard part is simply getting the IP address that your domain will send email from (being sarcastic here, its not hard), then just plug that into the wizard and it will spit out the text string you can use to create the TXT record. Then add that TXT record to the zhpmafia.com domain's DNS settings, allow 24 hours for it to propogate throughout the internet, and you're done. Well, at least then we could request outlook to unblacklist zhpmafia.com's IP addresses.

ELCID86
08-29-2015, 04:09 AM
I don't seem to be to my gmail account

Thumbs, iPhone, TaT.

rkneeshaw
12-12-2015, 07:09 PM
To my surprise, I received an email notification of a PM today to my outlook.com. Not sure what changed, but its welcome

ELCID86
12-17-2015, 07:54 AM
To my surprise, I received an email notification of a PM today to my outlook.com. Not sure what changed, but its welcome

I do get emails on PMs to gmail.

---
"ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - an e46f member

danewilson77
12-17-2015, 06:55 PM
Interesting. Something must have changed with SERVINT. I believe Hotmail is still a no go.

rkneeshaw
12-19-2015, 07:16 AM
Interesting. Something must have changed with SERVINT. I believe Hotmail is still a no go.

Hmm, I thought hotmail and outlook were essentially the same thing, just different facades.