PDA

View Full Version : Apple BMW - York, PA -- Review

M3TA5IN
03-13-2011, 06:30 AM
From my experience with them, I like the atmosphere. I have test drove a 08 Land Rover LR2 (for the fiance), a 05 BMW X5 (for the fiance), 2010 BMW M3, and a 07 Lotus Exige (mainly just because I wanted to drive it). This was all at different times.

I always deal with a nice lady named Pat. The first time I went in she was completely new and didn't know a lot about BMWs or any of the cars there for that matter (she came over from Honda). This doesn't bother me though. We actually fiddled with the Land Rover because I knew nothing about them and figured it out together. The BMWs I wasn't concerned because I do my own research.

Normally I hate dealerships and I avoid them like the plague because of pushy sales people. Pat made us feel very comfortable though and would admit when she didn't know something instead of make gibberish up, and she would find out for us. I have also spoke to the sales manager on a couple occasions and he was polite and not pushy either.

Overall I enjoy the dealership and the people, my only complaint is they have a small inventory. Also, I have not dealt with there service department.

johnnyrad
03-13-2011, 09:32 AM
From my experience with them, I like the atmosphere. I have test drove a 08 Land Rover LR2 (for the fiance), a 05 BMW X5 (for the fiance), 2010 BMW M3, and a 07 Lotus Exige (mainly just because I wanted to drive it). This was all at different times.

I always deal with a nice lady named Pat. The first time I went in she was completely new and didn't know a lot about BMWs or any of the cars there for that matter (she came over from Honda). This doesn't bother me though. We actually fiddled with the Land Rover because I knew nothing about them and figured it out together. The BMWs I wasn't concerned because I do my own research.

Normally I hate dealerships and I avoid them like the plague because of pushy sales people. Pat made us feel very comfortable though and would admit when she didn't know something instead of make gibberish up, and she would find out for us. I have also spoke to the sales manager on a couple occasions and he was polite and not pushy either.

Overall I enjoy the dealership and the people, my only complaint is they have a small inventory. Also, I have not dealt with there service department.

Gotta love test driving a Lotus just because you can.. why the hell not right?

M3TA5IN
03-13-2011, 11:06 PM
Gotta love test driving a Lotus just because you can.. why the hell not right?

Pretty Much my thoughts. I was actually really surprised, the fiance loved it.

M3TA5IN
08-05-2011, 06:54 AM
Update: I went there for service a couple weeks ago. Very friendly and quick. Still enjoy going to Apple.

I am going to go there today and see if they have anything interesting in stock and see if they will price match Tischer.

billschusteriv
08-05-2011, 07:02 AM
Is Rose McKinney your service advisor too? She's awesome.

Looking forward to the update on price matching at Apple BMW.

M3TA5IN
08-05-2011, 07:08 AM
Is Rose McKinney your service advisor too? She's awesome.

Looking forward to the update on price matching at Apple BMW.

Yea it is Rose, she is really cool!

Going now, Ill let you know.

M3TA5IN
08-05-2011, 08:26 AM
Ok so I went there and talked to them. They agreed to do $5 above Tischer(Silver Spring BMW) pricing at first to get a feel for it. I told them I would push some business there way. If they see how it works, they will price match.

I say if they see how it works because they were very baffled by the whole thing. They couldnt believe the prices I was showing them for Tischer. I had to explain the whole BMW Enthusiast thing to them too and how they do so well.

All in all this is good for us local guys. They were very receptive to trying this and were very interested to hear more about things like Bimmerfest and such.

billschusteriv
08-05-2011, 11:38 AM
Nice work Cody! I'll be sure to name-drop next time I pick up some parts. :biggrin

Anyone parts ppl we should ask/look for in particular?

BlackBerry. Tapatalk.