PDA

View Full Version : Brembo Plain Rotors and Pads

bshovers
10-05-2015, 04:39 AM
Is anyone running plain brembo rotors and brembo pads? I know its a reputable brand just wanted some info for piece of mind before I pull the trigger on front rotors and pads.

Thanks,
Ben

3ZHPGUY
10-05-2015, 06:48 AM
I'm running Brembo solid rotors and Hawk 5.0 pads. This is the second car I've had the Brembo's on. what I like about the Brembo Rotors is, they are zinc plated and seam to be much more resistant to rust. The Hawk HPS 5.0 pads are a Ferro-Carbon and they do amazing things.

http://www.hawkperformance.com/performance-street/pads/high-performance-street-50

Hope this helps.

Guy

Smilez
10-05-2015, 08:15 AM
i can get bremobo rotors :D

BMWCurves
10-05-2015, 09:00 AM
I'm running Brembo solid rotors and Hawk 5.0 pads. This is the second car I've had the Brembo's on. what I like about the Brembo Rotors is, they are zinc plated and seam to be much more resistant to rust. The Hawk HPS 5.0 pads are a Ferro-Carbon and they do amazing things.

http://www.hawkperformance.com/performance-street/pads/high-performance-street-50

Hope this helps.

Guy

You've mentioned this earlier and wondered, is the zinc just plated on the surface? If so, wouldn't it wear off after awhile from use? Disclaimer: I know little about brake systems.

bshovers
10-05-2015, 09:07 AM
i can get bremobo rotors :D

PM SENT

Smilez
10-05-2015, 01:33 PM
You've mentioned this earlier and wondered, is the zinc just plated on the surface? If so, wouldn't it wear off after awhile from use? Disclaimer: I know little about brake systems.

really depends in your environment, but yes after a while the zinc will wear out. may take 2 years or less.

3ZHPGUY
10-05-2015, 08:12 PM

What I like is the fact that the hubs and other areas not in contact with the pads , don't seam rust like others. They keep their natural color. The pad surface does pick up rust when washing but, that's gone after a short ride.

Sent from my iPhone 6S using Tapatalk

ryankokesh
10-06-2015, 01:01 PM
Yup ^

bshovers
10-07-2015, 04:43 AM
Couldnt pass up Ray's deal. Slotted rotors and hawk pads en route. Fingers crossed they make it here by the weekend so I have something to keep me occupied.