PDA

View Full Version : New England Drive?

Karl Lazlo
10-18-2015, 04:21 PM
Inspired by this thread:

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?16818-DRIVE-Adventure-Drives-How-do-we-get-ZHPM-to-do-this

Anyone in New England interested in a 3 day tour from CT into NH and back?

I already have a draft agenda / venue selection done.

Late spring / early summer 2016. About 650 mile round trip with 2 overnight stays.

Still debating a Fri-Sun or Sat-Mon agenda.

Hit me up!

az3579
10-18-2015, 05:35 PM
I'm down.

slater
10-18-2015, 05:47 PM
i'd be down for a leg, likely couldn't do the entire thing. let's see your route! i hope it includes mt washington? :)

you need to include some VT in this trip, i know where the good roads are. :)

peter

Karl Lazlo
10-18-2015, 05:54 PM
i'd be down for a leg, likely couldn't do the entire thing.

That's cool, too.

let's see your route!

I have the draft route below.

i hope it includes mt washington? :)

Yup.

you need to include some VT in this trip, i know where the good roads are. :)

I am all ears and I am sure the Mafia will consider any and all reasonable routes. Just keep me out of NYS.

Draft Route & Agenda:

Day 1:
- Meet at Gillette Castle CT. Quick meet and greet, rules and agenda.
- Lunch
- Caravan to Portsmouth, NH for social hour, dinner and getting to know everyone.
- Remain Over Night (RON)

Day 2:
- Breakfast
- Caravan to Kancamagus Highway Tour (Bi-directional)
- Lunch
- Caravan to Mount Washington Auto Road
- Caravan to Portsmouth, NH for social hour and dinner
- RON

Day 3:
- Portsmouth, NH to Hammonasset Beach State Park

/End (Roughly 650mi R/T)

slater
10-18-2015, 06:00 PM
that sounds awesome. my absolutely favorite ever sushi place is in portsmouth - and the kancamagus is awesome, and beautiful. my dad and step-mom live about 15min from portsmouth, so i could work in a visit there as well, and my son would probably love to come along. perhaps my dad will join with his RS4. he'd probably like that.

peter

Karl Lazlo
10-18-2015, 06:09 PM
that sounds awesome.

Thanks. The Chicken Scarpiello I had at dinner fueled the agenda. Coffee after dinner didn't hurt either.

my absolutely favorite ever sushi place is in portsmouth

I am convinced that Portsmouth is the only place on earth where you can't get a bad meal. Been going there since 95 when my first job out of the .mil was HQ'd up there (except for the mandatory court appearance there in 1990 for some extra legal speeds in Greenland). Rarely have I gone somewhere for work to return as a tourist. My g/f and I are heading up next month.

and the kancamagus is awesome, and beautiful.

That was the anchor for the trip, every other venue was picked afterwards.

and my son would probably love to come along. perhaps my dad will join with his RS4. he'd probably like that.

Niiiiiice!

slater
10-18-2015, 07:06 PM
I am convinced that Portsmouth is the only place on earth where you can't get a bad meal. Been going there since 95 when my first job out of the .mil was HQ'd up there (except for the mandatory court appearance there in 1990 for some extra legal speeds in Greenland). Rarely have I gone somewhere for work to return as a tourist. My g/f and I are heading up next month.

very cool. i've always liked portsmouth, great downtown, not too big... and yes, the food has been excellent for me as well. and it's on the ocean. how can you go wrong? :)

my son loves the sushi place there, too. can't remember the name of it. it's right downtown. you should check it out - their spicy scallop rolls are the best.

peter

Karl Lazlo
10-18-2015, 07:12 PM
my son loves the sushi place there, too. can't remember the name of it. it's right downtown.

Shio?

3ZHPGUY
10-18-2015, 09:31 PM
Sounds like a great drive. I tried to do something like I mini reunion with a nice drive through the Tennessee back hills a few years ago but, didn't get enough participation.

Good luck, hope it works out.

Sent from my iPhone 6S using Tapatalk

slater
10-19-2015, 03:48 AM
Shio?

just checked. sake, 141 congress st.

Karl Lazlo
10-19-2015, 05:03 AM
just checked. sake, 141 congress st.

Arigatou.

RUS_ZHP
10-23-2015, 07:45 AM
I am down. This summer I drove through some of the cool roads in VT and NY near lake Champlain. Enjoyed every minute. Never done any ride in NH on my ZHP.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TheFinanceGuy
10-23-2015, 09:03 AM
Shio?

Shio is the bomb....

I'm down (up?) to meet up with you guys on your way to NH. You will drive RIGHT past my house going from CT to NH. I likely won't be able to continue with the rest of the drive.

Karl Lazlo
10-27-2015, 06:05 PM
perhaps my dad will join with his RS4. he'd probably like that.

So, spoke to another friend of mine out of the ZHPM loop and looks like your dad may not be the only Audi driver there. Looks like my friend and his wife will join, both driving Audis. An S8 and an A8, respectively.