PDA

View Full Version : How to fix bumper sag (Facelift w/ 1 piece lights)?

HaloArchive
03-14-2011, 12:07 PM
So, I have seen the DIY on how to fix the front bumper sag on e46's but, what process would I need to go through to fix bumper sag on e46's with the one piece headlights? Those things are a PITA to remove, unless someone has a trick for it.

Thanks,
H

danewilson77
03-14-2011, 12:23 PM
Mmmm...

ZSP-Mafia
03-14-2011, 12:35 PM
I'm pretty sure you're gonna have to remove the headlights. Another option would be removing the brake cooling ducts but I don't think that's any easier.

HaloArchive
03-14-2011, 01:06 PM
Well, I am doing some stuff on my car on my car RIGHT now (laptop is in garage :p)

So, I looked and, I think that removing the ducts will be the easiest route for me right now since the wheels are already off. Also, how do you remove the lower grille? I think ill plasti-dip it black.

ZSP-Mafia
03-14-2011, 01:13 PM
I've only installed the OEM grill once but IIRC, I think you can get to the clips by removing the plastic splash guard under the engine.

HaloArchive
03-14-2011, 01:51 PM
Alright, I rattle-canned my wiper fluid reservoir too :). Ill think about doing the grille today. What else should I attend to while all four wheels are off? I tightened the e-brake, fixed all wheel-well liners, got the front bumper re-aligned, the fluid res. is drying.

MrMaico
03-15-2011, 02:19 AM
I was gonna say......check all the bolts in the wheel well liners, but it looks like you got that covered. I was missing a couple of bolts in mine.

danewilson77
03-15-2011, 03:29 AM
Alright, I rattle-canned my wiper fluid reservoir too :).

What do you mean?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

PsychoCemia
03-17-2011, 12:40 PM
What do you mean?

He means he spray-painted it. Probably black, because the wiper fluid reservoir is just about the only white thing in the engine bay.

As for the bumper sag, I've done it on my coupe. I didn't bother taking the lights out, because the brackets for the zhp coupe aren't under the lights. You have to take the bumper completely off (which is a chore, too.) There are a pair of Torx 50 or 60 (god, I can't remember...) bolts that you have to get to. The access holes for these are next to the splitters under the very bottom of the bumper. You need a female Torx head, because the bolts are male. If anyone needs actual details, I'll look up my notes later.

danewilson77
03-17-2011, 01:29 PM
He means he spray-painted it. Probably black, because the wiper fluid reservoir is just about the only white thing in the engine bay.

Oh

HaloArchive
03-17-2011, 04:20 PM

As for the bumper sag, I've done it on my coupe. I didn't bother taking the lights out, because the brackets for the zhp coupe aren't under the lights. You have to take the bumper completely off (which is a chore, too.) There are a pair of Torx 50 or 60 (god, I can't remember...) bolts that you have to get to. The access holes for these are next to the splitters under the very bottom of the bumper. You need a female Torx head, because the bolts are male. If anyone needs actual details, I'll look up my notes later.

Actual details would be lovely! I started to look then gave up on the bumper until next weekend.

HaloArchive
03-17-2011, 04:21 PM
Oh

You should do it Dane, it changes the look of the engine bay. It makes it... sleek.