PDA

View Full Version : Post counts -- jumped

Marcus-SanDiego
03-14-2011, 02:03 PM
You may have noticed that some of your post counts jumped today. Don't be alarmed. LOL.

Quite simply, when I was creating new forums (especially in OT) during the past two days, I did not disable those forums for post counts before I tossed all of the old OT threads into the new forums. As a result, post counts that would not have otherwise counted just jumped up. Turns out that it's an irreversible process.

Anyhow, the new forums are now disabled for post counts in the new OT forums that were created. From here, just as before, posts in OT will not count toward post counts (unless, of course, I make the same mistake again, which won't happen).

Chalk this up as a learning experience in forum management. :biggrin

RITmusic2k
03-14-2011, 02:59 PM
Test.

EDIT: Well, I guess I don't spend much time in the OT sections :-p

Marcus-SanDiego
03-14-2011, 03:05 PM
I only had them disabled in the test forum and in OT.

They didn't teach me this stuff at forum management school. :biggrin Still, logically, it makes sense. Once I created a new forum, and threw the old posts in it, I unlocked the rule that had been in place while those posts sat in the old forums (where the rule was no increase in post count).

Anyhow, the rule is prospective -- not retroactive. So, there is no way to undo it. From here, there won't be an increase for posts in OT and Test.

Oli77
03-14-2011, 03:41 PM
I like those new subforum links you put up on the main forum page Marcus.
Been gone all weekend and just now noticed.

static667
03-14-2011, 03:52 PM
The new setup looks good. I like organization.

Marcus-SanDiego
03-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Thanks, guys. My goal is to simplify your user experience. I put myself in your collective shoes and do my best.

Oli77
03-14-2011, 05:47 PM
Think we'd all fit in there, all cosy with you?

http://berlin.equipier.com/images/foot-shoe.jpg

Marcus-SanDiego
03-14-2011, 06:05 PM
Think we'd all fit in there, all cosy with you?

You guys fit in just fine, oli.

kpro
03-14-2011, 07:16 PM
I was away for a few days and I really like the changes :) Thanks Marcus.

Marcus-SanDiego
03-14-2011, 07:19 PM
Thanks, Kristen.

pyreguy
03-15-2011, 02:05 PM
For real Marcus.... you have to be the best forum owner/manager in the world. I have never read a forum where the man in charge and/or footing the bill was so in charge and accommodating. Serious props my friend.

danewilson77
03-15-2011, 02:07 PM
He is quite the guy....

Marcus-SanDiego
03-15-2011, 03:48 PM
For real Marcus.... you have to be the best forum owner/manager in the world. I have never read a forum where the man in charge and/or footing the bill was so in charge and accommodating. Serious props my friend.

Thanks very much, Lance. Means a lot. I know you guys appreciate the site, which is why I do what I do. I'm just running the site the same way that I'd like others to run theirs.

Of course, I also have a great team supporting me.

Thanks, Dane and Keith.

danewilson77
03-15-2011, 04:26 PM
Thanks very much, Lance. Means a lot. I know you guys appreciate the site, which is why I do what I do. I'm just running the site the same way that I'd like others to run theirs.

Thanks, Dane and Keith.

Don't thank me for doing my job Boss.

Marcus-SanDiego
03-15-2011, 04:31 PM
Don't thank me for doing my job Boss.

:respect

kayger12
03-15-2011, 04:32 PM

Thanks, Dane and Keith.

It's easy to walk down a blazed trail...

Marcus-SanDiego
03-15-2011, 04:34 PM
It's easy to walk down a blazed trail...

I'm often flying by the seat of my pants. First time operating a forum. I have major respect for those huge forums out there. Can only imagine what it takes to administer those sites.