PDA

View Full Version : Front end suspension refresh - seeking space!

az3579
10-29-2015, 03:30 PM
So I've got a box full of goodies to install... both front control arms, bushings, sway bar end links, and two tie rods. I don't plan on accomplishing tie rods myself since one of them is seized and won't loosen, but at the very least I need to replace my control arms and bushings since they are shot.

Does anybody have the space in a garage with jackstands that I could borrow for a little while? Willing to drive up to 8 hours or so from CT, and plan on making it a day trip.

I plan on bringing a space heater since it's getting quite chilly and the garage probably won't have heat, so an available outlet would also be helpful. Hopefully I can find the darned thing...

Johnmadd
10-29-2015, 03:35 PM
I have a driveway and tools and knowledge to free that seized tierod. I don't have a garage but you can make it an overnight stay if need be. It is still 60's and sometimes 70's here. My driveway is yours, and I'm pretty good with a wrench....

Vas
10-29-2015, 04:57 PM
I can meet up and assist.

ELCID86
10-29-2015, 04:59 PM
Come to Stafford and you've got a place to work/stay. This weekend works but not the first two in Nov.

Thumbs, iPhone, TaT.

Vas
10-29-2015, 05:01 PM
Sounds like everyone should meet up.

slater
10-29-2015, 05:11 PM
BP, my garage is your garage once my car is out of it (partially dismantled at the moment). i've got good workspace, a heater, air tools, etc. but it's likely colder here and it will be a week before my car is out.

peter

az3579
10-29-2015, 05:29 PM
Thanks for all the offers, guys!
I texted Bruce before I posted on here, since he's the closest to me. I wanted to make sure I had options if Bruce wasn't around.

It looks like he'll be available the weekend of the 7th-8th, so I think I may go visit him. Thanks again for all the offers, I'll post back up if it doesn't end up happening. :thumbsup

slater
10-29-2015, 06:03 PM
bruce's is likely best, as it's going to be warmer, for sure. :)

peter