PDA

View Full Version : BMW Get Together: Timmayfest June 10-12, 2011 Columbus OH

mimalmo
03-15-2011, 06:31 AM
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=476551

For those that live near C-bus and are not attending the ZHP Mafia Family Reunion, this may be a fun weekend with a bunch of other BMW owners.

kpro
03-15-2011, 12:09 PM
I am in a wedding that weekend, but I will try my hardest to make it out to Timmayfest again this year. I went last year for a few hours after work :) Got a t-shirt and some free Mid-Ohio passes!

danewilson77
03-15-2011, 02:52 PM
I am in a wedding that weekend, but I will try my hardest to make it out to Timmayfest again this year. I went last year for a few hours after work :) Got a t-shirt and some free Mid-Ohio passes!

So that means you can't possibly need to go to a wedding in June....:innocent

Marcus-SanDiego
03-15-2011, 03:28 PM

I vote for ditching the wedding.

What sounds cooler? Telling your friends you went to a wedding this summer or telling your friends that you hung out with a mafia family on the east coast?

When I put it like that, the decision seems rather simple, doesn't it?

See ya soon! :biggrin

Johnmadd
03-15-2011, 05:07 PM
Yeah, my brother lucked out that his wedding is the week before the mafia reunion or his older only sibling would be very upset.:mafia

danewilson77
03-15-2011, 06:01 PM
See ya soon kpro. I think the Boss has spoken.

Marcus-SanDiego
03-15-2011, 06:09 PM
See ya soon kpro. I think the Boss has spoken.

:biggrin

kpro
03-16-2011, 10:13 AM
Awww!!! You guys I would love to come to the Mafia meet, but will most likely go to Timmayfest if anything at all, because Im IN a wedding on the 11th. If I was just going to the wedding, I would probably skip out on it, unfortunately Im a little more committed.

M0nk3y
03-16-2011, 10:39 AM
I'll be there, of course. I couldn't go last year of how my schedule came out...but it turned out really well.

http://ohiobimmers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3426

There is the "official, official" if you want to look at it that way. If you guys have any questions let me know; I know him personally and can answer any questions you have

static667
03-16-2011, 10:50 AM
I vote for ditching the wedding.

What sounds cooler? Telling your friends you went to a wedding this summer or telling your friends that you hung out with a mafia family on the east coast?

When I put it like that, the decision seems rather simple, doesn't it?

See ya soon! :biggrin

+1

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using Tapatalk.

UdubBadger
09-03-2011, 07:53 PM
so who went to this?

M0nk3y
09-04-2011, 05:10 AM
I was there:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6089/6112407586_9d736b570e_b.jpg

UdubBadger
09-04-2011, 07:53 AM
yeah your car looked familiar

M0nk3y
09-04-2011, 08:35 AM
Yep Yep...

Were you the 135i with Eurocharged?

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6203/6112524895_b29f9de346_b.jpg

UdubBadger
09-04-2011, 08:57 AM
that would be me :D

That reminds me I never put in my sales for that weekend.

M0nk3y
09-04-2011, 10:13 AM
that would be me :D

That reminds me I never put in my sales for that weekend.

Awesome car...I wish I could of met you. Im super jelly over that quad set-up

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

UdubBadger
09-04-2011, 12:22 PM
Thanks man, yeah the quads are my favorite part of the car for sure. I get a lot of looks and questions from non BMW guys if it's a 1M which is weird cuz it just came out.

Did you come to just the meet? I don't remember seeing your car at the drag strip.

M0nk3y
09-04-2011, 12:52 PM
Thanks man, yeah the quads are my favorite part of the car for sure. I get a lot of looks and questions from non BMW guys if it's a 1M which is weird cuz it just came out.

Did you come to just the meet? I don't remember seeing your car at the drag strip.

Yea, me and about 20 others from our local forum came up from Cinci and Dayton on the back-roads to the meet then just headed back afterwards

UdubBadger
09-04-2011, 12:56 PM
very cool.

yeah that trip out there was not as planned. our caravan got pulled over about 30 miles outside of Columbus and few guys got tickets. Kinda set a bad tone to the entire weekend and long story short, my car didn't do well at the track and then i ended up having to leave saturday afternoon instead of sunday.

M0nk3y
09-04-2011, 12:58 PM
very cool.

yeah that trip out there was not as planned. our caravan got pulled over about 30 miles outside of Columbus and few guys got tickets. Kinda set a bad tone to the entire weekend and long story short, my car didn't do well at the track and then i ended up having to leave saturday afternoon instead of sunday.

Ohio Highway Troopers with LIDAR? They love to sit on I-70 and I-71/77 and pick people off. Gotta be very careful. On given drives from Dayton to Cleveland (where my actual home is). I count in excess of 15 cops either doing LIDAR or having people pulled over...in a 3 hour drive

Do you have the car chipped or anything? What did you run?

UdubBadger
09-04-2011, 01:12 PM
Yeah they knew we were coming. Had a trap set up for us but we weren't speeding when we came through it (limit was 70, we were doing 71-72). They pulled over 2 cars for following too close and as our group pulled off at the next exit to wait they found us and gave us a stern talking to. They claimed they had received reports from motorists that we were doing excess of 75-80 mph (we had spots of doing more like 110-120 but they didn't know that). I think 3-4 of the cars with us had shifters so thats how we knew it was coming.

Yeah since I work for Eurocharged I run their software but I have the newer N55 motor in mine and BMW's ecu is getting really hard to crack so the car is only partially tuned. We thought we would just have to take the ECU out to reprogram it so we were planning on doing so at the track but when I popped the hood we discovered the ECU placement is not the same and we would have to remove a lot of stuff to get to it so it didn't happen, then it started raining and we left the track.

With a bad track prep I ran a 13.7 but everyone there (even the guys with slicks) were about .5 -1 sec slower than normal. The car does have a partial tune and some bolt on's, dynoed it at 391ft/lbs @ the wheels so it's got some giddy up but HP is only about 340whp. With a full tune it should push it to about 400/400. I kept up with the N54 135/335's running stage II so if I am so luck to ever own an N55 again (or somehow swing keeping this one) I'd remove the ECU to get a full flash on it. These cars do so much with the right programming.

Even your 3.2l flat 6 gets a nice kick in the pants with our software. I think reprogrammed it's like 370hp/290tq.

M0nk3y
09-04-2011, 01:34 PM
Even your 3.2l flat 6 gets a nice kick in the pants with our software. I think reprogrammed it's like 370hp/290tq.

That's with pure software upgrades? No codes or errors being thrown? No voiding warranty issues?

If so, we may need to talk...I do have alittle different ECU than the E46 M3 S54 just FYI. It was enough of a change for the HPF crew in Cali to refuse to build HPF kits for our cars until now

UdubBadger
09-04-2011, 08:40 PM
That's with pure software upgrades? No codes or errors being thrown? No voiding warranty issues?

If so, we may need to talk...I do have alittle different ECU than the E46 M3 S54 just FYI. It was enough of a change for the HPF crew in Cali to refuse to build HPF kits for our cars until now

Yep just the flash. I realize they are a little different than the E46 M3.

Shoot me a PM.