PDA

View Full Version : Umnitza's for my ZHP?

330i Lover
01-01-2016, 09:24 PM
In short, I'm swapping out my burnt bowls (ZKW brand) Xenon's for corrected ones that ClemsonE46 shipped me about a month ago. I've decided while I'm taking everything a part that I would love some halos or angel eyes installed as well. Might as well kill 2 birds with 1 stone. So, I've found a set of Umnitza's for $100 that are 3 years old but still "New" on eBay. Here's the link (http://www.ebay.com/itm/161930396998?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT). These don't specify v2 or v4 or anything but the description reads, "Umnitza Angel Eyes for BMW E46 1999-2006"

The goal is to get as close to a white light as possible that's not going to have issues after years of use. I've heard of some v2/v4's coming with an option of fade to on when unlocking and fade to off when locking which is pretty awesome, maybe someone can shed some light on which ones come with this feature?

Question 1: Will these fit my 2004 with ZKW Xenons?
Q2: Anyone have these and can they give feedback on them?
Q3: What should I be concerned about with these vs. paying more for the v2 or v4's?
Q4: I'm looking to spend less than $200 for the set but obviously the less the best. Are the Umnitza's a good grab or is another brand as reputable and of quality same or higher?

The eBay listing ends in about 36 hours from now so thanks in advance with helping me decide what to do.

WOLFN8TR
01-02-2016, 03:18 PM
The goal is to get as close to a white light as possible that's not going to have issues after years of use. I've heard of some v2/v4's coming with an option of fade to on when unlocking and fade to off when locking which is pretty awesome, maybe someone can shed some light on which ones come with this feature?

Question 1: Will these fit my 2004 with ZKW Xenons?
Q2: Anyone have these and can they give feedback on them?
Q3: What should I be concerned about with these vs. paying more for the v2 or v4's?
Q4: I'm looking to spend less than $200 for the set but obviously the less the best. Are the Umnitza's a good grab or is another brand as reputable and of quality same or higher?

The eBay listing ends in about 36 hours from now so thanks in advance with helping me decide what to do.

Those are definitely V2's. The V4's have a lot more LED's than those do. It doesn't specify what color range these are. They are for Coupes thou.

These were purchased approximately 3 years ago. The box says Orion LED lights. There is no other markings on the label. I didn't install the lights on my car because the head light assemblies had to be 'baked' in an oven to release the sealing glue to allow the installation. The car was a 330ci with the directional head lights. I had no desire to have to place the assemblies when I either melted or damaged the aiming system. These lights are other wise brand new, I did test them with a battery to verify they worked. I have no way to know the difference between the V2 and V4. As I said they were purchased about 3 years ago so if the V2 is the older version I would guess that's what these are. Please feel free to ask any more questions and if you can determine how to differentiate the versions I would happy help to identify these lights.

Here is a link for the V2's for a Coupe, they are full circles- https://www.umnitza.com/angel-eyes-by-umnitza/bmw-angel-eyes/3-series/predator-orion-v2-led-angel-eyes-04-06-3-series-coupe.html

I have the V4's are they are very bright! Umnitza's are very good quality. I had Khoalty AE's on my ZHP and they were decent but the Umnitza's are better IMO.

My V4's

Ssparrow
01-02-2016, 03:32 PM
I can't speak on the v2s, but I have the v2.5s and I am loving them! I've had em installed for about a year now and haven't had any problems. The fade on/off is really nice too. I believe I paid about 180 for them http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/01/02/cf718e16103a48e88ac264577629311f.jpg

Johnmadd
01-02-2016, 05:03 PM
I have v 2s and I like them a lot, they definitely turn heads.

330i Lover
01-02-2016, 06:00 PM
I have v 2s and I like them a lot, they definitely turn heads.
Do yours have the fade on/off feature? If they do them I would assume these do as well?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Johnmadd
01-02-2016, 06:26 PM
It's just a harness you wire to the interior lights, theY mimic the interior lights when you lock or unlock.

johnrando
01-02-2016, 06:36 PM
I hv v2's and really like them

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

330i Lover
01-02-2016, 06:38 PM
It's just a harness you wire to the interior lights, theY mimic the interior lights when you lock or unlock.

Very cool. I can't wait to get my hands on em.

330i Lover
01-02-2016, 07:01 PM
The seller doesn't specify what color these are. I'm assuming they are the 6000k which is what I'm after but I sent him a msg for either the pic of when he tested them or what color they are advertised as.

Does anyone know if they only made the 6000k color 3 years ago? Feel free to revisit the post linked earlier.

Johnmadd
01-02-2016, 07:19 PM
I have 5000k, they are somewhat blue

WOLFN8TR
01-02-2016, 07:48 PM
Those are definitely V2's. The V4's have a lot more LED's than those do. It doesn't specify what color range these are. They are for Coupes thou.

These were purchased approximately 3 years ago. The box says Orion LED lights. There is no other markings on the label. I didn't install the lights on my car because the head light assemblies had to be 'baked' in an oven to release the sealing glue to allow the installation. The car was a 330ci with the directional head lights. I had no desire to have to place the assemblies when I either melted or damaged the aiming system. These lights are other wise brand new, I did test them with a battery to verify they worked. I have no way to know the difference between the V2 and V4. As I said they were purchased about 3 years ago so if the V2 is the older version I would guess that's what these are. Please feel free to ask any more questions and if you can determine how to differentiate the versions I would happy help to identify these lights.

Here is a link for the V2's for a Coupe, they are full circles- https://www.umnitza.com/angel-eyes-by-umnitza/bmw-angel-eyes/3-series/predator-orion-v2-led-angel-eyes-04-06-3-series-coupe.html

Hopefully you read this before you purchase the wrong AE's for your ZHP.

330i Lover
01-02-2016, 07:56 PM
I did miss that! Thanks for the kick to the gut. :) If I had a coupe and was looking for a steal look no further. It's only at $10.50 and it ends tomorrow. Thanks again WolfN8tr. This is for you:

http://www.jbspourhouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/hefeweizen.png

WOLFN8TR
01-02-2016, 08:02 PM
Welcome...:thumbsup

330i Lover
01-05-2016, 01:01 PM
I ordered the 6000k Umnitza's for $159 via Matt on the phone yesterday. Funny guy. Looks like Monday will be the day when they'll be installed along with the new bowls I got from ClemsonE46.

http://cdn.rsvlts.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/About-To-Breakdance.gif

WOLFN8TR
01-05-2016, 03:01 PM
Excellent!!

330i Lover
01-19-2016, 12:43 PM
Updated on the bowl replacement and Umnitza v2 install.

My mechanic offered to replace the bowls and install the halos but after getting the run-around and him telling me "it's not fair for me to work on your car when it's not broken down when my other customers can't drive their vehicles". So, I'll have to carve out time for me to do it myself, which isn't the end of the world but an inconvenience. Poop!

BMWCurves
01-19-2016, 01:17 PM
Updated on the bowl replacement and Umnitza v2 install.

My mechanic offered to replace the bowls and install the halos but after getting the run-around and him telling me "it's not fair for me to work on your car when it's not broken down when my other customers can't drive their vehicles". So, I'll have to carve out time for me to do it myself, which isn't the end of the world but an inconvenience. Poop!

That's...odd. The mechanics I've gone to have never whined about what the specific job was. I just make an appointment and tell them what I'd like to have done, no fuss.

At any rate, it's more money saved for you on labor.

330i Lover
01-19-2016, 01:20 PM
That's...odd. The mechanics I've gone to have never whined about what the specific job was. I just make an appointment and tell them what I'd like to have done, no fuss.

At any rate, it's more money saved for you on labor.

Right. I thought I was doing him a favor by giving him an easy job but from the sounds of it he feels guilty since he's a 1 man shop and nobody else is there to help the ppl with the broken down cars. I have another idea why he's not wanting to do the work but I'll leave that to myself. :) He did a great job in the past and I want to rely on him in the future so I'll just keep in mind that he's.....selective.