PDA

View Full Version : Need help updating Intravee FirmWare

Johnd
01-25-2016, 03:42 PM
I have a window 10 laptop and bought a USB to serial cable off ebay with windows 10 drivers but when I click the installed I got from Toys In My Car it come up with the error Com Type Not Either - Setting to 0 - is there some special cable I need or some setting on the com port itself? Already killed the battery trying to get this to work.

Thanks
JD

Johnd
01-28-2016, 05:29 AM
Well after fiddling around with trying to upgrade the firmware for several hours I decided to check what was already load on their and the person who sold it to me had just updated the firmware, so I spent last night wiring it up. I couldn't be happier with the functionality of the intravee - the only issue I have is every so often the nav screen will flicker, which it never did before - is this a common issue?

cakM3
01-28-2016, 06:03 AM
... the only issue I have is every so often the nav screen will flicker, which it never did before - is this a common issue?

Interesting to hear.... I have had my Intravee II in my ///M for a few years now and have not noticed any flickering on my nav screen...

BMWCurves
01-28-2016, 09:19 AM
Well after fiddling around with trying to upgrade the firmware for several hours I decided to check what was already load on their and the person who sold it to me had just updated the firmware, so I spent last night wiring it up. I couldn't be happier with the functionality of the intravee - the only issue I have is every so often the nav screen will flicker, which it never did before - is this a common issue?

Hmm...maybe go back in and make sure all wiring connections are very secure?