PDA

View Full Version : Powerflex Black/Race FCAB's Installed

CarbonZHP
01-25-2016, 10:24 PM
Finally put in the Powerflex Black race rated bushings I had sitting around. Picked them up cheap on E46F. I've read a lot of negativity on these, but it all seems to be from 2012, and in the threads they were talking about an updated design that would be coming out so Im hoping thats what I have now. I stupidly thought I would be able to press them in myself, but that failed. Had to go to a little local shop to press out the old ones and press the new ones in. Packed them full of grease. High speed cornering and braking feels much more confident, so thats a plus. A little more communicative through the steering wheel over bumps. Ill update if anything goes wrong.

Vas
01-26-2016, 06:43 AM
Update this thread as you put more miles on them.

ZacharyMikel
01-27-2016, 04:12 PM
I just installed mine last month as well. Posting here to come back and update you all as the miles continue. Mine are doing an amazing job as of now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rkneeshaw
01-27-2016, 06:36 PM
I've had the purple's on all summer. Zero ill effects or side effects. Turns feel so good. I did not notice a harsher ride quality in any way. No squeaks either.

jonnyd330
01-30-2016, 06:50 AM
I would like to hear the ride difference between stock. I have purple front's right now but I am thinking about replacing all my bushings with black or the ecs brand ones.

CarbonZHP
01-30-2016, 07:04 AM
May be hard for me to compare, as the rest of my suspension is already really stuff. There's much more confidence in corners, but I'm coming from stock front bushings, which weren't totally failed

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

CarbonZHP
02-16-2016, 11:29 AM
Couple weeks later. Still strong and no backing out of the bushings.

PS. Manual swap plans moved up, possibly in 2 weeks :begging