PDA

View Full Version : Motorsport DSii's - yes, they fit the ZHP

Humble Nonpareil
02-10-2016, 02:10 PM
See? They fit fine! (http://imgur.com/a/XcVrb)

I was a little nervous about clearance of the front caliper but I needn't be. Do they look great? I'm sure there will be some opinions that say no but I think they look pretty good for winter boots.

az3579
02-10-2016, 02:30 PM
Doesn't work with the E46's design, IMO. As long as you're happy, that's what matters. ;)

Sent from my LG V10 on Tapatalk

danewilson77
02-10-2016, 06:34 PM
See? They fit fine! (http://imgur.com/a/XcVrb)

I was a little nervous about clearance of the front caliper but I needn't be. Do they look great? I'm sure there will be some opinions that say no but I think they look pretty good for winter boots.
Damn....you better hope there's zero hub/caliper movement.

Sent from an S6 Edge

Vas
02-10-2016, 07:38 PM
Wow that's close

az3579
02-11-2016, 03:37 AM
Damn....you better hope there's zero hub/caliper movement.

Sent from an S6 Edge

Wow that's close

Should be fine. The fitment on my E30 with the Wilwood/UUC 4-piston calipers was just as close when I had my 15" Ronal LS wheels fitted. I grinded a little bit off my caliper's edge to make the wheels fit, but the end result was just as close as this fitment that was posted. It ended up being fine, though the Willies were fixed... these are floating calipers so who knows.

BTW, those wheels are DS I's (Style 22), not DS II's (Style 39). ;)

Humble Nonpareil
02-11-2016, 09:21 AM
Should be fine. The fitment on my E30 with the Wilwood/UUC 4-piston calipers was just as close when I had my 15" Ronal LS wheels fitted. I grinded a little bit off my caliper's edge to make the wheels fit, but the end result was just as close as this fitment that was posted. It ended up being fine, though the Willies were fixed... these are floating calipers so who knows.

BTW, those wheels are DS I's (Style 22), not DS II's (Style 39). ;)

Ah thank you...once again, this place proves to be the best source to get corrected! Damn interweb, giving me false results...

Yeah, I know they have a different design language that doesn't jive all that well with the facelift E46's Bangle'ized curves but they're strong and light which are nice with the dense winter rubber. The mushy tread blocks of my Hakki's will not be missed when I get back to the Michelin Pilot's this summer. I wanted something OEM to fend against the rough roads we get here in Edmonton during the winter. The winter set of Beyern Mesh 17's it came with had cracks in two of them so my hand was forced anyways.

The clearance is actually a little more. The angle of the pic I added makes it look like they exchange electrons as the wheel weights pass by the caliper but there's actually about 2mm. I've never felt or heard anything when I got on the binders and I think this steering rack would give me every bit of feedback it could if there was metal on metal contact. TBH, I'm sure if there was an issue, the calipers would knock the weights off in a war of wills anyways.

ELCID86
02-16-2016, 01:30 PM
Old school.

---
"ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - an e46fanatic

danewilson77
02-17-2016, 07:47 PM
Old school.

---
"ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - an e46fanatic
:cigar

Sent from an S6 Edge

BADCLOWN
02-17-2016, 11:17 PM
If they were 18-19inch wheels in that same design I think it would work, they just look a little small