PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Wilwood Front and Rear BBK from UUC? It is only $1700 this weekend

jonnyd330
02-13-2016, 05:43 PM
I just happened to be looking at brakes and UUC is having a 15% off sale this weekend. I feel like I need to pull the trigger on these since there are few kits you can get for F and R for less than $2k.

http://store.uucmotorwerks.com/super-performance-brake-kit---wilwood-superlite-four-wheel--e46-328325323-p532.aspx

rguti153
02-13-2016, 08:04 PM
Mmmm interesting

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

BMWCurves
02-13-2016, 11:30 PM
BP has Wilwoods, but I'm not sure which model. I'd seriously consider this if I wasn't already in deep in my M3 interior and my impending purchase of APEX wheels + tires.

As a side note, at 15% off it might be a good time to get their TSE3 exhaust.

jonnyd330
02-14-2016, 04:34 AM
BP has Wilwoods, but I'm not sure which model. I'd seriously consider this if I wasn't already in deep in my M3 interior and my impending purchase of APEX wheels + tires.

As a side note, at 15% off it might be a good time to get their TSE3 exhaust.

I don't think the discount applies to their exhausts. :(

What about their camber plates? I was going to get Vorshlag ones but this might be too good of a deal.

I also found these Wilwood;s last night while looking for reviews and opinions on the UUC kit.
http://store.revolutionbrake.com/14-0100b.html

az3579
02-14-2016, 06:36 AM
DO IT!!!

I have this same exact kit installed on my car currently that I bought used. After a seriously failed run with the BMW Performance brake kit, I couldn't wait to get into a setup that worked. I've finally found it.

Front and rear Wilwood Forged Superlite 4-piston calipers, front and rear, with stainless brake lines, Hawk Ceramic pads all around for daily driving, and PFC01 front / Hawk DTC60 rear brake pads for track usage. I have ATE Type 200 Fluid.

The pedal feel is AMAZING. It starts grabbing from the moment you push the pedal, and that's just with the ceramics. The feel is even better with the track pads, and have experienced zero brake fade at my last outing at Calabogie. Brake pad changes are very easy; take the wheel off, remove the bridge pin, push the pads out, push the new pads in. You should be able to compress the piston with the caliper still mounted, making the new pad install easy, all without ever having to remove the caliper. Super fast!

This kit seems to utilize M3 rotors front and rear, which aren't an upgrade in size but are a little bit thicker. I had to do some minor modifications to the dust shields to allow the M3 rotors and custom caliper brackets to fit.

If you ever needed a replacement caliper, I can also attest to Wilwood's excellent customer service. While they don't sell the calipers directly to customers, they have a list of vendors on hand that they were able to refer me to. They took the time to research the proper part number for me to order from the supplier I ended up buying from. To boot, I had the caliper the next day, overnighted, for $180 including shipping, so the caliper prices are CHEAP.

This is my first winter running the calipers, so we'll see how they stand up to the salty bullshit they spread all over the roads here.

BMWCurves
02-14-2016, 09:14 AM
Thanks for the review! These are now on my wish list down the line.

Vas
02-14-2016, 10:19 AM
On my previous car i used to have a wildwood BBK that had the wildwood fsl 4 piston calipers. Ran them on a daily basis qith some street pads and loved them. They did have some caliper flex though due to the design.

UdubBadger
02-15-2016, 06:50 AM
Damn!

GoingHAM mobile

Jconlin16
02-15-2016, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the review! These are now on my wish list down the line.

+1 another item added to mine as well...

jonnyd330
02-15-2016, 03:10 PM
ECS is discounting their BMW Perf kit today too.

WOLFN8TR
02-15-2016, 04:15 PM
ECS is discounting their BMW Perf kit today too.

https://www.ecstuning.com/News/BMW_Brand_Inventory_Reduction_Sale/?utm_source=emailcampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=retail&utm_campaign=BMW_Brand_Inventory_Reduction_Sale

jonnyd330
02-15-2016, 04:39 PM
https://www.ecstuning.com/News/BMW_Brand_Inventory_Reduction_Sale/ES2999152/

jonnyd330
02-17-2016, 08:04 AM
I just ordered the UUC Wilwood kit :biggrin

BADCLOWN
02-17-2016, 08:15 AM
wish that BMWP discount was more of a discount. really not much