PDA

View Full Version : New guy from Wisconsin

Matt
03-19-2011, 06:27 PM
Hey all. Recognize some of you from bf.c.

I've been in the market for a ZHP for quite some time. They're just so hard to find. Y'all need to sell your cars once in a while... stop holding onto them!

Right now I have an 02 325i. As soon as I drove my first BMW, I was hooked. Now I'm looking for a little bit more hp, and who wouldnt like the looks of the zhp. Seems to me like a perfect fit for me.

One thing I'll say truthfully, I have never been more intimately connected to a vehicle before. I know it sounds cheesy, and I know its no Ferrari, but BMW has an excellent ability to change how people view cars. I love mine, and am a Bimmer fan for life.

Pic I took today while out Geocaching;
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff274/mattc119/DSC03852.jpg

Cheers!

-Matt

kayger12
03-19-2011, 06:29 PM
Welcome to the site, Matt.

Good luck with your search.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.

mimalmo
03-19-2011, 06:30 PM
Welcome Matt. I'm over on the extreme Western edge of WI, near Minneapolis. Check the regional forum here for info on the Eurowerks show this summer in MN.

danewilson77
Welcome brutha. The Mafia awaits you.

Droid X! Srs Legitness!

Mtnman
Welcome! We can help you find the car you want. If you are seriously looking, let us know all your parameters, and definitely check out the For Sale thread, and the ZHP Registry.

Marcus-SanDiego
03-19-2011, 06:33 PM
Matt, welcome to the site. Glad to have you.

Matt
03-19-2011, 06:38 PM
Phone 1: iPhone 4
Phone 2: Touch Pro 2

No droid pwnage for this guy :(

Parameters;
Year; Any
Mileage; Reasonable. <150k?
Color, prioritized; Imola, AW, Black, any other

I'd like to have heated seats, not a deal breaker.

Manual is a preference, but again, not a deal breaker.

Cheap. I know this is a silly thing to be concerned with, but I'd rather replace my own parts and know the car rather than take someone else's word that they replaced this and that. I have a full garage of tools so I'm not concerned about repairs.

pyreguy
03-19-2011, 06:41 PM
Welcome and good luck. You will find what you want in time.

And I too enjoy geocaching though it's been since last summer since I went. There are tons of great caches around here.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Mtnman
03-19-2011, 06:41 PM
I just saw one for sale in Cali for 12k 6mt 120k miles. Its in the fs section. I dont know your definition of cheap, but.....

danewilson77
03-19-2011, 06:42 PM
What is your budget?

Droid X! Srs Legitness!

Matt
03-19-2011, 06:45 PM
I'd like to stay at $12k or less.

And it must be a sedan.

The one in Oregon is nice, but 2000 miles away... damn.

Mtnman
03-19-2011, 06:47 PM
Hell, they may negotiate out the shipping costs. Dont know till you ask!

danewilson77
03-19-2011, 06:52 PM
I'd like to stay at $12k or less.

And it must be a sedan.

The one in Oregon is nice, but 2000 miles away... damn.

Ok...now were cookin with gas. $12k....it'll happen..just promise you'll be patient.

Droid X! Srs Legitness!

Matt
03-19-2011, 07:02 PM
Im patient. Like I said, I love my current car. Plus, there's still salt on the roads up here in Wisconsin hey. I've washed my car in the driveway 8 times this year already. Once I had to leave the garden hose running otherwise it would freeze up lol.

Marcus-SanDiego
03-19-2011, 07:16 PM
Matt, you're going to fit in here just fine, my friend.

danewilson77
03-19-2011, 07:19 PM
Once I had to leave the garden hose running otherwise it would freeze up lol.

Well done my good and faithful servant.

Droid X! Srs Legitness!

Nerius
03-20-2011, 08:08 AM
Welcome Matt. I'm brand new here myself and actually not too far from you - just over in Marshfield. I bought my ZHP about a year ago now after searching for almost 6 months. I finally found the right color combination, mileage, etc down in St. Louis so my girlfriend and I drove down there on a Friday and came back with it on Saturday. My friends and family thought I was crazy but every time I get into it and turn the key I know I bought the right car. :)

Marcus-SanDiego
03-20-2011, 08:10 AM
Nerius, we know exactly what you mean. Be sure to introduce in the new members section. Glad to have you.

Matt
03-20-2011, 08:13 AM
Welcome Matt. I'm brand new here myself and actually not too far from you - just over in Marshfield. I bought my ZHP about a year ago now after searching for almost 6 months. I finally found the right color combination, mileage, etc down in St. Louis so my girlfriend and I drove down there on a Friday and came back with it on Saturday. My friends and family thought I was crazy but every time I get into it and turn the key I know I bought the right car. :)

http://www.facebook.com/#!/sir.christiansen

We need to meet up sometime! Was just in Marshfield yesterday eating lunch at Lammars.

Mike V
03-20-2011, 08:16 AM
Welcome Matt! Ten years ago, I was also hooked after driving my first bmw. It was a friend's car and after that, I sold my VWs and bought a BMW for myself. :)

Mike V
03-20-2011, 08:18 AM

Ha! Friends and family who view cars as a way to get from point a to point b just don't understand. My friends and family thought I was nuts when I had a 20 year old car shipped to me from California.

Nerius
03-20-2011, 09:08 AM
http://www.facebook.com/#!/sir.christiansen

We need to meet up sometime! Was just in Marshfield yesterday eating lunch at Lammars.

Sounds good! I've never ate there but I hear it's pretty good. My favorite place here is the Blue Heron Brew Pub (http://www.blueheronbrewpub.com/). Great food and great beer!

mikeyb74
03-21-2011, 06:48 AM
Welcome.