PDA

View Full Version : ZHP Mafia Panjo Marketplace

justinwilson77
03-04-2016, 07:07 AM
I've been seeing this Panjo Marketplace around on a lot of BMW forums as a means for members to "more easily" conduct transactions between each other. Some of you may have never heard of it or not know the details so here they are:

- Panjo would keep 7% of the sale UNLESS your classified item was also posted on a community website.
- Would allow for quick and timely transactions.
- Has a "buy it now" feature.

There are other benifits but those are the basics. The 7% fee is what I really wanted to make sure you all understood.

We would still retain the current classifieds sections. The ZHP Mafia Panjo Marketplace would contain items from all 4 of the current classified sections.

Just as a disclaimer, this is not and would not be a mechanism for ZHP Mafia to generate revenue, just a way for us to better meet your needs as a community.

Feel free to voice any questions or concerns, thanks.

johnrando
03-04-2016, 10:59 AM
Really appreciate you researching this for us. Could you explain the "unless it was posted on a community website'? What type of site would that be and how would they know you did? Finally, would payment go through them and not paypal?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

az3579
03-04-2016, 12:35 PM
Nope. 7% is excessive, IMO.

ELCID86
03-04-2016, 01:56 PM
Nope. 7% is excessive, IMO.

+1

---
"ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous

Lorenzo
03-04-2016, 06:42 PM
+1

---
"ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous

+1

danewilson77
03-04-2016, 07:38 PM
It's zero% if it's posted here as well, correct?

Sent from an S6 Edge

NickZHP
03-04-2016, 08:49 PM
Honestly I hate the Panjo marketplace on bimmerforums

theothersawyer
03-04-2016, 09:55 PM
I hate Panjo on Mazdaroadster!

BADCLOWN
03-05-2016, 12:14 AM
Why would we need to use panjo to sell items? Seems like a member/member transaction works just fine.

fw_fw
03-05-2016, 05:08 AM
Personally don't see the value in this.....

danewilson77
03-05-2016, 06:32 AM
Like the OP says, Justin was bringing up this idea so that we can ensure the needs of the Family are met.

Please provide productive posts (i.e. other than you hate it). Why do you hate it? What would make it better? Maybe its the way BF.c has it set up? Etc....

Guys, we have a system in place that works. I'm not about to destroy that, but I'll entertain anything, if I think it's better than what we have.

Also....this is a polling thread so please vote appropriately.

Have a great weekend.

Sent from an S6 Edge

BMWCurves
03-05-2016, 11:20 AM
It looks to me like there's push back because of the 7% commission being considered steep, and not enough explanation on what constitutes an ad on another community.

I haven't used Panjo before, not really sure how it works. I tend to use free resources to sell my things (E46Fanatics, Craigslist, ZHPMafia) and they work fine. I personally don't see the need to switch over to Panjo, but maybe I'm missing the benefits.

az3579
03-05-2016, 01:30 PM
I would see the benefits of Panjo for a huge community like the ones that already use it, such as Bimmerforums. You have thousands and thousands of members. If I go there and buy something from one of them, right off the bat I don't trust them, because chances are it's someone that I've never talked to or dealt with before.

Here, I trust all of you since we're a much smaller community and deal with each other all the time. I wouldn't have a single problem dropping a grand to someone through PayPal on here as a gift for an item because of the trust level.

FL116
03-05-2016, 02:18 PM
I would see the benefits of Panjo for a huge community like the ones that already use it, such as Bimmerforums. You have thousands and thousands of members. If I go there and buy something from one of them, right off the bat I don't trust them, because chances are it's someone that I've never talked to or dealt with before.

Here, I trust all of you since we're a much smaller community and deal with each other all the time. I wouldn't have a single problem dropping a grand to someone through PayPal on here as a gift for an item because of the trust level.

Completely agree. This is my reason as well. I don't see the point of Panjo because we have such a small, tight-knit community. I would like to learn more about this though. I may be missing the benefits of it. And I don't know to much about Panjo

justinwilson77
03-07-2016, 06:10 AM
I apologize I didnt provide enough clarity regarding the 7%. A community website i.e. zhpmafia.com, constitutes as a community website. I believe Facebook would have as well. Regardless, This was merely a feeler post. We had the ability to utilize the Panjo marketplace with our current administrative software and up until a week or so ago I had never heard of it. The intent was never to change our current classified setup, but to open up our classifieds, for those of you who would have chosen to use it, to a wider range of buyers vs. just the members of ZHP Mafia. I do agree with the idea that this marketplace is more than likely intended for communities with significantly more members than ours.

Anyways, the feedback has been duly noted. I appreciate everyone's comments and votes.

danewilson77
03-07-2016, 05:05 PM
Thanks for looking into this Justin.

Sent from an S6 Edge