PDA

View Full Version : Giving away: black facelift coupe grilles, rearview mirror

Dual
03-23-2016, 01:49 PM
Trying to give back to the community which has been so much help to me this month: shipped free to any US party for a pay-what-you-want PayPal gift- to minimize shipping expense.

TAKEN: Black Grilles: I carefully repainted my original chrome 2006 coupe grilles with Krylon black primer (2 light coats), satin paint (3 coats) and matte finish (2 coats), sanding between coats as appropriate. I think the work came out great, but still prefer the white grille surrounds and black centers. HOWEVER: upon talking with a local body shop I have doubts about the long-term adhesion of the black paint to the chrome finish. Anyone still interested, given that, is welcome to PM me: a previous potential taker seems to have lost interest.

TAKEN: Clown nose mirror: was standard with my car. I have replaced it with one which supports garage doors and the compass. Seems to be in great shape, although as I understand it these mirrors are not particularly talented at executing an auto-dim.

TAKEN: Bavsound Interior Disassembly Tool Kit: I already own all this stuff so happy to pass this unused kit along.

ADDED AND QUICKLY TAKEN: SEE BELOW FOR INFO: pair Asian knockoffs of rear view mirrors with dual view: don't fit my coupe.

PM's please: thank you.

jack.chris328
03-25-2016, 07:16 AM
If I may just offer a little precautionary advise. Make sure that you ship the mirror using a ground shipment method. No air shipping. If it goes air it will more than likely be leaking when it is installed if not when it arrives. I have found out.... twice. :)

Dual
03-25-2016, 07:37 AM
Thank you!! Good to know

Dual
03-30-2016, 01:00 PM
Bumping because of updates concerning status

PetesZ
04-04-2016, 05:05 PM
Just got the rear view mirror. Mint. Thanks once again. Old one was getting worse by the day.

Dual
04-04-2016, 05:45 PM
Thanks for touching base!

Icebergap
04-05-2016, 01:44 PM
Are the clips still in-tact on the grills? Mine are broken, if so I'll take those if you still have them.

Dual
04-05-2016, 02:01 PM
Everyhing is intact. PM me with shipping info and email address please! Happy to help.

Dual
04-06-2016, 03:51 AM
ADDED TO THE GIVEAWAY:

This is a pair of heated dual-view outside mirrors: Asian imports sold cheap on eBay to snap in as replacement parts.
The original listing did not make it clear these won't fit coupes or convertibles.
Too expensive to return- anyone want them?

See: http://www.ebay.com/itm/251973090811

09mageec
04-06-2016, 04:02 AM
Oooooo, I'll take, if you're offering.

Dual
04-06-2016, 04:52 AM
Certainly am. Send me your mailing address and email by PM. I will mail it out and let you know what the postage cost. OK?

09mageec
04-06-2016, 05:07 AM
Certainly am. Send me your mailing address and email by PM. I will mail it out and let you know what the postage cost. OK?

PM'd.... Thanks again!! A true Mafia Philanthropist!! :headbang

BMWCurves
04-06-2016, 07:09 AM
Shoot, there's a significant difference between sedans and coupes/convertibles for their sideview mirror glass? I was wanting to do this upgrade, but will have to find a seller that does it for coupes.

slater
04-06-2016, 07:14 AM
Shoot, there's a significant difference between sedans and coupes/convertibles for their sideview mirror glass? I was wanting to do this upgrade, but will have to find a seller that does it for coupes.

yep, the glass is a different shape. slightly. enough that they're not interchangeable.

09mageec
04-06-2016, 07:22 AM

Yes, The sedan mirror (housing) is slightly bigger in height. The coupes have that sharper upper corner which influences the shape of the glass, if I can recall..

Dual
04-06-2016, 01:09 PM
I held my replacement mirror up against the installed one and the replacement seemed smaller all around.