PDA

View Full Version : I went to Vegas and all I got was tagged with a lugnut

Go Horns!
03-22-2011, 09:47 PM
Driving to the airport a lugnut got thrown up at my car and tagged the roof. Yea, why take the car to the airport? The Tahoe refused to start. I at least broke even on the gambling.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5259/5551838713_63d11fcb36_z.jpg

Each scratch has a little dent. Anyone know how much this is going to cost me? I have comprehensive coverage from Geico with a $500 deductible. But I want to know if it is worth making a claim.

kayger12
03-23-2011, 02:17 AM
That sucks! Not sure how much but I would think it would be fairly close to your deductible.

Fwiw, I dropped my deductible to $50 and it only raised my premium $70/year. I have awesome car insurance only available in Jersey, but it might be worth looking into the lower deductible with Geico if they offer it.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.

danewilson77
03-23-2011, 03:32 AM
I would give Dr. Colorchip a try. Nothing to lose.

pyreguy
03-23-2011, 04:07 AM
I hope everything works out for you

Sent using alien technology and Tapatalk

mimalmo
03-23-2011, 05:14 AM
Like the others are saying, you can touch up the scratches but if there's dents, a bodyshop will be the only ones that can get that out.

Marcus-SanDiego
03-23-2011, 05:54 AM
I'm with Eli. Touch up should take care of that -- unless there are dents.

Hornung418
03-23-2011, 05:59 AM
lil bondo and a squeegee and some Imola paint should fix that... As small as they are I wouldn't bother with popping them unless they have easy access with a PDR guy.

Go Horns!
03-23-2011, 06:26 AM
There are dents and I want to get them fixed because they are right next to the driver's side door on the roof. Having to look at them every time I get in sucks.

danewilson77
03-23-2011, 06:34 AM
Damn bro...that is a horrible spot. I wonder if one of those paintless dent removal guys could pop them if you pulled headliner?

Ryans323i
03-23-2011, 07:12 AM
^^^From what it looks like, paintless dent removal is possible. Removing the headliner takes a bit a time though, you have to pull the a, b, and c pillars first. I'm not sure exactly where the dents are, but you might be able to just pull the a & b pillars, and the headliner will sag. Don't pull on the headliner if it's sagging down, you risk bending it and causing a permanent crease. The PDR guy might pull your headliner for you, but that could incur additional charges (and risk having someone who doesn't know how to, do it). Dents are usually $50-$80 to pull (really they push and roll).

IMO, a body shop is going to be your easiest way. I don't see that being more than $250. They look to be shallow and small dents. Small filler job, a little primer, and enough red to cover and blend. Getting quotes before you make a claim is your best bet, and tell them you're paying not the insurance.

az3579
03-23-2011, 05:32 PM
Raw deal. What I'm wondering is how on earth did the driver of the car with the loose (and eventually missing) lugnut not notice the wheel wobbling??

static667
03-23-2011, 05:41 PM
I hate when stuff like that happens. I've caught my fair share of rocks and the like. A body shop probably would be the best way to go. But like Ryan said, shop around first. You'll find a shop with a fair price. My problem is I can't afford to fix all of the dings I have already.