PDA

View Full Version : I'm almost just like dane!

L0veZHP
03-23-2011, 07:41 PM
I took Dane's challenge to make a car similar to his or better! and now that i have some money today i purchased...

Khoa
LED Angel Eyes
LED Interior Lights
Black Grilles
Black Hood Ornament (B/W)
Trunk Ornament (B/W)
Wheels Ornament (B/W)

ECS
2x BMW Carbon Licence Plates
Front Bumper Trim (for no plates)
ECS E-Brake Handle

eBay
///M Pedals
Imola Red Touch Up Paint

DDM
No Hole Licence Plate

Plan to Paint
Front Bumper (Like Danes)
Black Calipers

(and HID Fog Lights)

I dont plan to lower the car because I live in NYC and pot holes are ridiculous! i Blew up my front right tire a couple of weeks ago cost me $200 bucks I'm running on Continentals i forgot what find.. but you get the point.

and for an NYC car its pretty NICE because I really baby it and I really do those "You know you own a ZHP when..." things with my ZHP lol

I'll Post Pictures of Before and After =] i Plan to do all of this within 3 weeks and then in the future not now get all around white lights the amber looks good to me still because the NY plates are amber so they match!

Marcus-SanDiego
03-23-2011, 07:45 PM
Looking forward to pictures.

Johnmadd
03-23-2011, 07:46 PM
Pics or its not as good as Dane's, Ive seen it, and our roads suck too, I lost a rim and tierod just the other day on my highly maintained e30.

L0veZHP
03-23-2011, 07:49 PM
Pics or its not as good as Dane's, Ive seen it, and our roads suck too, I lost a rim and tierod just the other day on my highly maintained e30.

OUCH! :facepalm I Really felt that when I read you lost a rim!

Johnmadd
03-23-2011, 07:57 PM
Its all good I gotz 9 more.

danewilson77
03-24-2011, 03:33 AM
Can't wait my friend. If your gonna make your car like mine....I wanna see what you have planned for your interior trim. :rofl.

Anyways...good on ya for picking that stuff up.....but....Make sure you take care of the engine, tranny, and diff also.....

ryankokesh
03-24-2011, 05:28 AM
Can't wait my friend. If your gonna make your car like mine....I wanna see what you have planned for your interior trim. :rofl.

haha... I think someone should go all jackson pollock on some trim and see what that turns out like.

az3579
03-24-2011, 05:30 AM
Need to see pics, though I don't think it'll be as much as it can be without a drawp... IMO. :)

L0veZHP
03-24-2011, 05:57 PM
Yeah i would love to drop it.. =[ but I just CANT! but we'll see how it turns out! and im not changing the rims and im still kinda thinking about painting the bumper because I might want to sell the ZHP in the future..

pyreguy
03-25-2011, 03:17 AM
I don't buy the while rough roads argument for not going a little lower. The H&R Sports lowered it enough to get rid of the wheel gap ( gap kills -- can I get an amen??) without sacrificing ride quality. Plus, the lowering isn't dramatic enough to cause scraping or problems with clearance. Roads in Louisiana are notoriously bad, and my setup works great.
That is all. Your whip is awesome.

Sent using alien technology and Tapatalk

danewilson77
03-25-2011, 04:41 AM
I don't buy the while rough roads argument for not going a little lower. The H&R Sports lowered it enough to get rid of the wheel gap ( gap kills -- can I get an amen??) without sacrificing ride quality. Plus, the lowering isn't dramatic enough to cause scraping or problems with clearance. Roads in Louisiana are notoriously bad, and my setup works great.
That is all. Your whip is awesome.

Sent using alien technology and Tapatalk

Amen! Can I get a witness?!

As low as my car is....I manage to navigate it pretty well in the tore up streets in Norfolk. It definetely make you pay attention to road conditions.

Droid! Srs Legitness!

BustedBoat
03-25-2011, 06:59 AM
I may not be able to speak for other places but the streets here at home, like L0ve said though some of our streets are absolute crap. Some streets you have to drive through potholes just because the ones next to them are even worse! And in some cases the holes are very deep.

az3579
03-25-2011, 08:25 AM
Amen! Can I get a witness?!

As low as my car is....I manage to navigate it pretty well in the tore up streets in Norfolk. It definetely make you pay attention to road conditions.

Droid! Srs Legitness!

Amen brotha.

Lowering doesn't necessarily make bad roads intolerable.

Sent from my DROIDX

mimalmo
03-25-2011, 09:06 AM
I travel all over the country and the roads are bad everywhere. I will say though, NYC has some of the absolute worst in the nation.

And Lance, "amen brother".

L0veZHP
03-26-2011, 02:24 PM
I BLEW MY BOTTOM LEFT TIRE TODAY! another $200 dollars gone! for a new tire... I seem to just have bad luck.. this is one factor of why I once in a while think about selling the ZHP and buy myself a Jeep, but when i drive it i fall in love again and it looks beautiful too

mimalmo
03-26-2011, 02:27 PM
Bottom left? Hopefully all your tires are on the bottom. :)

Sorry to hear about the blown tire. Before you sell, consider buying a daily driver vehicle and keep the ZHP for the weekend.

az3579
03-26-2011, 02:28 PM
Or, an alternative; SLOW DOWN! NY's roads are an atrocious piece of garbage, as a unit.

L0veZHP
03-26-2011, 03:53 PM
Yeah I should have slowed down but its that I was going pretty fast and I saw the pot holes on the left and the car to my right tried to turn on top of me so I had to throw myself to the left or crash -_- and by bottom left I mean like sitting in the passenger seat. And I can only have one car im only 18 lol

Hornung418
03-26-2011, 04:02 PM
Being 18 is all the more reason to slow down. You're only as fast as the slowest person on the road. And if you're in the city...that's just downright silly.

kayger12
03-26-2011, 04:12 PM
Ok boys and girls. I think Love has the idea.

Let's lighten up on the cyber-back-seat driving.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.

danewilson77
03-26-2011, 04:28 PM
Well done love. I am sure that was your only option. You did well to avoid a multi car crash. Glad you are ok brah.

Droid! Srs Legitness!

L0veZHP
03-26-2011, 04:37 PM
Thanks Dane, I was scared that if i braked to hard then the driver behind me was going to not stop in time, and by fast I mean like 20~mph its NYC lol traffic jams are frequent and people LOVE!! being bumper to bumper while driving, which i HATE!

SC4ME
03-27-2011, 06:48 AM
I have found that some drivers constantly get flats due to potholes, debris, etc while others seem to avoid these hazards.

For example, my wife in her Passat Wagon will kill a tire at least twice a year on potholes. I have never (knock on wood) had a pothole cause any damage. Could be luck, but I think it is more likely the attention and focus of the driver, and always anticipating what-ifs.

danewilson77
03-27-2011, 06:59 AM
I have not had a flat. I am the best driver ever.

Droid! Srs Legitness!

L0veZHP
03-27-2011, 09:54 AM
:guns
I have not had a flat. I am the best driver ever.

Droid! Srs Legitness!