PDA

View Full Version : Stock Nav unit update and custom software questions

Kimber
06-05-2016, 03:04 AM
I just checked my NAV unit to see where it is currently with software. It said SW 4 -1/60 which from what I have tried to research seems to be old software. Am I correct on this?

What is the newest and where do I find it? Can it be downloaded and burnt to DVD?

I want to upgrade the whole audio system (NAV has a small dead pixel line and speakers are shot), but I am most likely going to have to wait until at least the winter, maybe even next summer. (budget is dwindling doing preventative maintenance items since I just got the car)

I've also seen a little about custom software that I think go on our NAV units. I am just researched out and hoping that someone with the knowledge already can chime in and help me figure out what is what.

I'm no IT expert, but can work myself around a PC fairly well, so I'm not really looking for step by step, just some advice on what's best and point me in the right direction. :)

Thanks guys!

ELCID86
06-05-2016, 06:40 AM
I got one off eBay. Worked well. Check x5outpost for current info.

---
"ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous

johnrando
06-13-2016, 08:29 PM
I hv an upgrade for std s/w, not custom.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

cakM3
06-14-2016, 02:28 AM
http://www.xoutpost.com/electronics/navigation-system/

Do your research here :thumbsup