PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Coding Question

Aeternalis
06-14-2016, 08:18 AM
Does anyone know if it is possible via PASoft/BMWScanner to set the stalk-forward high beams (normally the HID/xenon high beams) to illuminate the inner flash-to-pass (halogen) high beams instead and leave the xenon high beam shutters closed?

az3579
06-14-2016, 08:37 AM
Does anyone know if it is possible via PASoft/BMWScanner to set the stalk-forward high beams (normally the HID/xenon high beams) to illuminate the inner flash-to-pass (halogen) high beams instead and leave the xenon high beam shutters closed?
The car can be coded for Xenon (non bi-Xenon) functionality. On Xenon cars, the inside lights were the high beams.

I'd have to test it to make sure the settings in PA Soft actually do that. I'll let you know later tonight.

Sent from my LG V10 on Tapatalk

sillieidiot
06-14-2016, 12:14 PM
No I'm pretty sure you can't. I think it just goes by the MY of the car and when you select xenon, it'll just do bixenon automatically if that's what your car should be doing. And if you were trying to do both bixenon + inner highs, then you can't do it at all.

az3579
06-14-2016, 12:16 PM
No I'm pretty sure you can't. I think it just goes by the MY of the car and when you select xenon, it'll just do bixenon automatically if that's what your car should be doing. And if you were trying to do both bixenon + inner highs, then you can't do it at all.

Then perhaps NCS Expert will be needed to change the VO...
It can definitely be done, just a matter of which software can be used to do it.

sillieidiot
06-14-2016, 11:48 PM
Then perhaps NCS Expert will be needed to change the VO...
It can definitely be done, just a matter of which software can be used to do it.

Yeah NCS can do it for sure.

terraphantm
06-15-2016, 04:47 PM
Actually I think PASoft can do it

http://www.bmw-scanner.com/download/bmwscan140/lcm_.jpg

If you uncheck "bixenon" there, it should turn off the bixenon highs and turn on the halogen highs.

az3579
06-15-2016, 05:46 PM
Actually I think PASoft can do it

http://www.bmw-scanner.com/download/bmwscan140/lcm_.jpg

If you uncheck "bixenon" there, it should turn off the bixenon highs and turn on the halogen highs.
Yeah this is what I was getting at earlier, but didn't test it after Hieu said it wouldn't work. I should probably test it to be sure.

Sent from my LG V10 on Tapatalk

sillieidiot
06-16-2016, 12:20 AM
Yeah I remember when I was trying it out, it didn't work. Because the options get greyed out when you connect it to a car. Ended up doing in NCS

terraphantm
06-19-2016, 04:04 PM
Yeah I remember when I was trying it out, it didn't work. Because the options get greyed out when you connect it to a car. Ended up doing in NCS

Not greyed out on my car, just checked.

sillieidiot
06-20-2016, 03:42 AM
so did it work? lol